Our Gardens > My Garden

Not sitting round

<< < (2/11) > >>

Palustris:
No, that fence is along side the communal drive.
The boss and I did all the work on the cutting down, shredding, cutting up and stacking. We work together very well. Been using a chain saw for the last 30 years. They scare the living daylights out of me , so I am extremely careful with it.

Palustris:
This is the section we have cleared for the next length of fence. The neighbour is as pleased as us to get rid of the hedge. He is finiding it increasingly hard to trim it.

I cut away the dwad stuff on our side.

The tree in this corner was dead and it came down with no effort.

Part cleared. We leave a good 4 feet of stump to use as a lever to get the roots out.

Cleared.

I painted the side of neighbours Car port as once the fence is up he would not be able to access it.

Some of the removed stumps.

Leaves his garden a bit open to us, but nothing much I can do about that except put in some shade netting.

Final section. We have left the stumps in here until we can get the fencing company in.

Someone approved.

Eric Hardy:
My goodness, Eric, you have been busy. I am back again after being quiet for a few years.  Those Leylandii are a menace, people put them in because they are quick growing and by golly they are.

Palustris:
What we find odd is that our neighbour is keen to have this hedge out and replaced with a fence because he finds cutting them so difficult, yet he has Leylandii all round the rest of his garden.
I am slightly allergic to conifer resin so getting rid is more than necessary.

ideasguy:
He probably hoped you would volunteer to do the Leylandii all round the rest of his garden ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version