Ideas Genie > What we do with Ideas Genie

The essentials - a set of Lessons

(1/2) > >>

ideasguy:
We haven't had a challenge for a while, so here we go.
I hope our new Ideas Genie users will participate. Its a good opportunity to get involved in the forum.
Don't be afraid to ask questions!

Ive been working on a project this week to explain how to use Ideas Genie to handle accessions - known as specimens in Ideas Genie "speak".

In doing so, I will use the web site design for Lessons (and Challenges) for posting on the Product Support website.
http://www.ideasgenie.com
(This is currently under re-development).

Heres the link to the project:
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/wolbdemo/

Ive attempted to make it so you can see each screenshot without scrolling.
It will depend on screen resolution of course, so the first question is, does it work like that for you?

Next:
Can you see the screenshot page links on the extreme right (top).
It reads:
RHS Search p1 p2 p3 p4 p5
Can you see and click p5 without scrolling?
Any mistakes in the navigation links? (Previous Next etc)

OK, now have a go at the "challenge". Follow the lessons step by step. You can use your own plant names, or plant names as shown in the screenshots.
Your comments would be very much appreciated.

Eric Hardy:
Sorry George, I have only just found this posting.

--- Quote from: ideasguy on October 10, 2011, 02:35:54 PM ---Ive attempted to make it so you can see each screenshot without scrolling.
It will depend on screen resolution of course, so the first question is, does it work like that for you?

--- End quote ---

Yes I can see the screenshot but I do have to scroll

--- Quote ---Can you see the screenshot page links on the extreme right (top).
It reads:
RHS Search p1 p2 p3 p4 p5
--- End quote ---

Yes, and I can see and click p5 without scrolling sideways.

It is past my bedtime George so I can't pick up the challenge tonight.

Goodnight.

ideasguy:
Do you have to scroll down for all of them Eric?

I should have said that it also depends on the number of toolbars along the top of your browser.
On your browser, click View and look at Toolbars with checks. Closing a toolbar might make it so you dont have to scroll vertically.

Eric Hardy:
I think the best the best thing, George, would be to post two screen shots. One with the tool bars (as you will see I do have a lot of gubbins at the top) and the other using full screen. My screen resolution is 1280 x 1024. I am showing them large (1024 x 819) so it will be easier for you to read. You can also see I play a game of FreeCell from time to time  :)

Eric Hardy:
If you prefer to see them smaller, George, here they are at 640 x 512

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version