Floristry > Cut flowers and Flower Arranging

A decorated lychgate

(1/2) > >>

Eric Hardy:
I called in at Fawley church in Buckinghamshire yesterday. I think there must have been a wedding the day before because I found this floral decoration on the lychgate.

Eric H

ideasguy:
That is a very impressive arrangement, Eric. I hope you had a nice day.
What flowers have they used? The long trailing white flowers at each side? The mauve/blue flowers?

NightHawk:
A beautiful piece of architecture there Eric, and that flower display sets it off a treat.  :)

Laurie.

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: ideasguy on August 24, 2009, 09:48:48 AM ---What flowers have they used? The long trailing white flowers at each side? The mauve/blue flowers?
--- End quote ---
The mauve blue were hydrangeas and agapanthus, George. The cream were mainly lilies and roses. I am not sure about  the white trailing ones, they could have been delphiniums possibly?

--- Quote ---A beautiful piece of architecture there Eric, and that flower display sets it off a treat
--- End quote ---
Yes, Laurie. It was quite impressive. It is such a shame it is in a very quiet country lane so apart from the wedding guests and a few in church yesterday morning there would not be many  people to admire it.

Eric H

ideasguy:
I must ask Chrissie (The Gardener on the forum) to look in to tell us what she thinks they are. She is the Flower Arranging expert as you know.

We were at a funeral yesterday. There were so many wreaths, they couldnt get them all on the grave.
They were absolutely beautiful.
As I watched and the grave became covered, I thought they would step back and place the others close by.
To my surprise, they piled them two deep :o
It was a grandson of the dear lady who had died, not the undertakers, who had the impossible task.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version