Author Topic: Have you started any seeds off yet?  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
Have you started any seeds off yet?
« on: January 18, 2009, 11:19:51 PM »

First seed in the propogator 15th January, most will be for sale as plants on our open days, and some for us.
No room in the greenhouse, so the propogator is in the shed, after germination they are transferred to THE KITCHEN on trays with a growlamp above.  ;D

Malcolm

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
Re: Have you started any seeds off yet?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 08:37:41 PM »
Has no one else sown any seeds yet, some of the ones sown in the post above have now been individually potted up, and are now in the greenhose.

Have been knocking out the Dahlias we have in pots, dividing those we can, so we have some for sale, and replenishing the soil for the ones we keep. Also did the same with some of the Agapanthus which are in pots.

Malcolm
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 10:07:35 PM by Lyn and Malcolm »

Offline Palustris

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 09:19:44 PM »
Don't actually grow things from seed which needs sowing indoors. All I ever grow these days are ones which need sowing in autumn to over winter before germinationg or not in spring. Most of them are not stirring yet.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 10:29:30 PM »
I'm ordering my seeds tomorrow, from Chiltern, using the Catalog Program (GA040).
A little behind you Malcolm  ;D

That Catalog program has taken a LONG time to develop. Ive extended it to work for Imberhorne Nurseries and Gower Fuchsias, which has added a few more weeks to it.

If I may extend your question to be a two parter:
Is anyone planning to buy some seed from Chiiltern?
It would be very much appreciated if you would, using the new Catalog Program, by Mail Order (mail order form generated using GA040).
It would let Chiltern see that there is some value in supporting this project.
In my cold greenhouse, I find growing things like upright Lobelia is much easier from a later sowing (March and into April)
OK, they are a bit later to flower, but their timing is perfect for filling bare spots in bedding out schemes.
Latest version will be ready for downloading for Chiltern usage Monday evening.