Author Topic: Garden Plants By Post  (Read 3154 times)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
Garden Plants By Post
« on: January 11, 2009, 11:32:11 AM »
I have been busy and my site has every single plant on it that will be for sale later (if you did not know i have bought a load of seeds and i intend to grow and sell) i incorporated a roman cart shopping cart, the free version to try out for now, it also gives the option to disable an item that is out of stock, the item remains on your site but when yopu add to cart you get an out of stock message, no need to remove it from your site  8) the free version only allows you to accept cheques postal orders, no online payments until you upgrade romancart then you can then accept online payments via paypal for example,

i managed to do this useing WPG bearing in mind that it is not geared for an online shop, i found it a bit confuseing at first but once you get usued to it it is really easy to use

take a look any comments most welcome www.gardenplantsbypost.com dont forget i am still playing around with it

Phil

NightHawk

Re: Garden Plants By Post
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 12:46:06 PM »
You've done a great job there Phil.

You have now joined the prestigious band of Genie WPG'ers.

George will be a happy bunny.  ;)

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Garden Plants By Post
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »
Indeed. Its great when someone else publishes their site for the first time. I'm every bit as excited as they are!
I'm delighted that it is "fairly" manageable for those who have been brave enough to give it a try.
I put it down to the grit and determination of gardeners!

I have some more development to do to make the Shopping Cart WPG, but having seen what Phil has done with the standard WPG, I'm confident that we can do it!