Author Topic: Dahlias on www.dahlie.net  (Read 4934 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Dahlias on www.dahlie.net
« on: August 13, 2008, 11:02:20 PM »
I found this massive site this evening. It has 1755 listed varieties, 1650 varieties with pictures, and there are 1800 additional pictures available for comparison.

http://www.dahlie.net/en/index.html

As you might guess, I was researching a Dahlia variety. This one lists most of them!
Theres also a link to another great site:
http://www.ddfgg.de/
and on that site you'll find links to......... gosh!! (oooops, begorrah)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 11:06:27 PM by ideasguy »

NightHawk

Re: Dahlias on www.dahlie.net
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 08:53:14 PM »
Excellent links there George - surprisingly all for dahlias as you suggested.  ::)

Haven't looked too thoroughly at them all yet, but haven't been able to idetify our dahlia that we posted about recently.

Do you speak German George?  Had to get Kathy to interpret some of the headings, as I'm not fluent in the lingo.  :D

You do get around though.  Where to next I wonder.  ???  ???

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Dahlias on www.dahlie.net
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 09:52:36 PM »
I studied French at school, and did a bit of self teaching many years ago, when I was working at De Lorean. (A team of Renault engineers helped us to plan the production line for the car - I was the Chassis engineer)
AndrĂ© was teaching me Dutch. I think he gave up  :)
Seriously thuough, "we" managed to translate quite a lot of the Captions and Help messages from English to Dutch, so I learned a little.
Margarida translated Flower Genie from English into Portuguese. I have to finish that exercise off, so I guess that's next! (Well, in my languistic education, of course )

I havent tried German.
However, that Dahlias (oops, Dahlie) site has some pages in English, and I had an "educated guess" on other pages, so I found what I needed.