Author Topic: Ronnie Barker  (Read 4898 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Ronnie Barker
« on: June 23, 2008, 12:33:41 PM »
Clearing out my mailbox, I came across this one

This was originally shown on BBC TV back in the seventies. Ronnie Barker could say all this without a snigger (though god knows how many takes). Irony is that they received not one complaint. The speed of delivery must have been too much for the whining herds. Try getting through it without converting the spoonerisms [and not wetting your pants] as you read ...

--------------------------------------------------------
This is the story of Rindercella and her sugly isters.

Rindercella and her sugly isters lived in a marge lansion. Rindercella worked very hard frubbing sloors, emptying poss pits, and shivelling
shot.
At the end of the day, she was knucking fackered.

The sugly isters were right bugly astards. One was called Mary Hinge, and the other was called Betty Swallocks; they were really forrible huckers;they had fetty sweet and fetty swannies. The sugly isters had tickets to go to the ball, but the cotton runts would not let Rindercella go.

Suddenly there was a bucking fang, and her gairy fodmother appeared.
Her name was Shairy Hithole and she was a light rucking fesbian. She turned a pumpkin and six mite wice into a hucking cuge farriage with six dandy ronkeys who had buge hollocks and dig bicks

The gairy fodmother told Rindercella to be back by dimnlight otherwise, there would be a cucking falamity.

At the ball, Rindercella was dancing with the prandsome hince when suddenly the clock struck twelve. "Mist all chucking frighty!!!" said
Rindercella, and she ran out tripping barse over ollocks, so dropping her slass glipper.

The very next day the prandsome hince knocked on Rindercella's door and the sugly isters let him in. Suddenly, Betty Swallocks lifted her leg and let off a fig bart. "Who's fust jarted??" asked the prandsome hince.
"Blame that fugly ucker over there!!" said Mary Hinge. When the stinking brown cloud had lifted, he tried the slass glipper on both the
sugly isters without success and their feet stucking funk.

Betty Swallocks was ducking fisgusted and gave the prandsome hince a knack in the kickers. This was not difficult as he had bucking fuge halls and a hig bard on.

He tried the slass glipper on Rindercella and it fitted pucking ferfectly.

Rindercella and the prandsome hince were married. The pransome hince lived his life in lucking fuxury, and Rindercella lived hers with a
follen swanny.

NightHawk

Re: Ronnie Barker
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 01:17:40 PM »
Fery vunny!  Mhat a wouthful.

Bonnie Warker was rrilliant.  Honnie always rad the punnier farts!

Lathy and Kaurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 02:13:42 PM »
That rant is a bit crude for a "family website" like this, but since they got away with it on BBC TV, well, I thought I'd risk it here.
Hope it doesnt cause offence.

NightHawk

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 02:29:49 PM »
We used to watch the Two Ronnies all the time.

Ronnie Barker did a lot of sketches like that one and he was brilliant.  I don't know how many takes there were to get it right, but he certainly was able to keep a straight face.  A very talented man, and a sad loss to British Television.

Laurie.

P.S.  Kathy and I are not offended.  Great fun if you read it as written and don't read aloud the interpretation.   :D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 02:55:54 PM by Kathy & Laurie »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 11:33:44 PM »
I was a big fan too, in what seems like not too distant past, and can remember his spoonerism acts.
Ive never seen the actual script for one though.
I dont know how they got away with that!

NightHawk

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 07:31:04 AM »
I think the key to those sketches, and how they got away with them, is that they left the viewers to work out what the 'spooned' words actually were, without really saying the 'true' words, which would most certainly not have got through the censors.  ;)

It worked in a similar way to the British "Carry On"  films.  It was the inuendos for the intended sexual meaning, that adults could work out but children were too young to know what was really meant.  A clever way of introducing a bit of 'sauciness' without being openly crude, and still remaining a family movie.  :D

Laurie.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 07:43:03 AM by Kathy & Laurie »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 09:20:15 AM »
Ah, the good old days.

Offline 3fren

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 03:48:36 PM »
My Lynn just read it and said it is "bucking frilliant"  :)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 05:01:15 PM »
Indeed! Mind you its a rit bude   :)
I wonder how that would translate to Chinese, Jessie   :o

I wonder if they would get away with that on TV in this day and age? It didnt even get through the forum spell checker.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 05:08:41 PM by ideasguy »