Author Topic: Information Wanted On A Begonia Grower  (Read 2522 times)

Offline bossgard

Information Wanted On A Begonia Grower
« on: April 20, 2008, 07:32:14 PM »
Does anybody have any information about a Begonia Grower with the name of Peter Troch of Oostakker, Belgium. I would like web site, or anything else on the gentlemen, since he has introduced a new Tuberous Begonia with the name of Sweet Dream which has a citrus scent. I know of one reseller here in US but they are out of stock till next year. I think the fact of a Begonia having a scent is a first. If I do have a favorite flower it would be the Tuberous. The vivid colors are so beautiful, and remind me of the bright, colors that the Spanish lady dancers had in their costumes. Those are the ladies with the tapping high heels and the clackin? castanets.
   - Toby

NightHawk

Re: Information Wanted On A Begonia Grower
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 10:36:12 PM »
I don't know of him personally, but I've just Googled his name and came up with the following web site about him -

http://www.dutchgardens.com/Meet%20a%20Grower:%20Peter%20Troch/8028,default,pg.html

Hope this helps.

Laurie.

Offline bossgard

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 12:03:33 AM »
Laurie: I have this one already, actually it is from the website of the reseller thats out of the Begonia. Good try, and thanks very much! So I'm still looking, anybody else have anything? I would like to follow his developments because according to this info, he is working with 25 breeders and growers. Sounds very interesting what he is doing.
Thanks again, Laurie, you are doing a great job as Ms. Moderator!

Offline bossgard

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 12:17:19 AM »
Kathy: My apologies to both you and your husband, I got your names switched. I am terribly embarrassed at the moment. Laurie is often used as a ladies name here in the States. Again, sorry!
   - Toby

NightHawk

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 06:41:51 AM »
Toby, don't worry about the name confusion - no offence taken.  ;)

We hope you find what you are looking for.

Try and help Toby out folks if you have any info you think may help him.

Laurie.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment.  That's one of the things that makes it all worthwhile.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 07:07:35 AM by Kathy & Laurie »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 05:07:08 PM »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 05:11:07 PM by ideasguy »