Author Topic: GA048 - FAQ for using the program  (Read 1999 times)

Offline bossgard

GA048 - FAQ for using the program
« on: January 17, 2008, 07:08:15 PM »
I?ve been working with Pro GA048 using the Avery #5366 label layout during the past week and have a couple of questions to ask:

Q #1 - I have entered text for an entire sheet of labels, which is a total of 30 labels. I have more labels to make, is there a way I can save that ?sheet? of labels, and continue with a second sheet of labels which may, or may not be a partial sheet ie., not completely filled, entering the text for them, and then printing the whole two sheet run at same time. Or can I only print that first sheet, and then start working on the second sheet of labels, entering text, etc., repeating the same routine as for the first sheet?

Q #2 ? I have completed the text for a cultivar label and I have saved it. The text I have entered is for a purpose, which I will call, ID#. I now wish to make another label of the same cultivar which requires changes in the text I did for ID#, which we will call PROP, which will be used for Propagation purposes to be attached to the ?pot?. The text for the PROP label will use part of the text that was used in ID#. I have saved the first text for ID#, but if I go to edit the same cultivar for the PROP label I am going to lose the text for ID#. Is that correct? Or asking the question differently, is there a way I can make multiple labels with different partial text for the same cultivar without having to lose the ID# text and be able to call them both back up when I might need more copies?

Eagerly awaiting an answer. Thanks!

- Toby

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: GA048 - FAQ for using the program
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 01:54:32 PM »
Answer to Question 1

Q #1 - I have entered text for an entire sheet of labels, which is a total of 30 labels. I have more labels to make, is there a way I can save that ?sheet? of labels, and continue with a second sheet of labels which may, or may not be a partial sheet ie., not completely filled, entering the text for them, and then printing the whole two sheet run at same time. Or can I only print that first sheet, and then start working on the second sheet of labels, entering text, etc., repeating the same routine as for the first sheet?

The program allows you to design one page of labels at a time, to suit a Label design selected from the pop-up in the initial screen.
Click the New Labels button to start designing a page of labels.
The Label design screen GA048S02 appears.
When you've designed your labels, then exit the Label design screen (GA048S02) the program asks if you have saved your work.
At that stage, you can
a) Enter text in the Description for this set of labels field
b) click the Save button.

When you return to the initial screen, the program lists all "Saved" sets.
You can simply double click to return to any Set in the list.
When you return, all your work is re-presented.
As when you were creating your set of labels initially, you can print, edit text on each label, choose other plants etc etc.

You dont have to completely fill the label.
However, you need to fill at least one label before you can print.
You can save a partially created set of labels, and return to work on it later.

All your label sets are saved, for reuse.
If you want to delete a set, double click, and click Delete button in GA048S02

Currently, you can only print one sheet (set) at a time.
However, its a simple matter of double clicking on a set in the initial screen, and clicking Print in screen GA048S02
At the printer prompt, you can select the number of copies you require.

More later!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 02:53:39 PM by ideasguy »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: GA048 - FAQ for using the program
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 03:08:59 PM »
Answer to Question No 2
Q #2 ? I have completed the text for a cultivar label and I have saved it. The text I have entered is for a purpose, which I will call, ID#. I now wish to make another label of the same cultivar which requires changes in the text I did for ID#, which we will call PROP, which will be used for Propagation purposes to be attached to the ?pot?. The text for the PROP label will use part of the text that was used in ID#. I have saved the first text for ID#, but if I go to edit the same cultivar for the PROP label I am going to lose the text for ID#. Is that correct? Or asking the question differently, is there a way I can make multiple labels with different partial text for the same cultivar without having to lose the ID# text and be able to call them both back up when I might need more copies?

Heres the rules (at time of reply):
When you do a NEW set of labels, you can reuse the text from a previous set of labels for any selected plant.
You add a plant to a label in screen GA048S02 (Note that the plants in a label set dont all have to be the same plant - you can mix as you like!!)
Click Edit
Screen GA048S03 appears
The text for the label is blank 
Click Previous labels button
Screen GA048S07 appears
The top window in this screen shows a list of Previous Labels for this plant
When you click on a previous label in the list, the text used for that label appears in the Edit Box below
the list
You can re-use any of the previous text options, by clicking on the Use This Label Data button

You return to screen GA048S03 again
You can then edit the text (if necessary)

When you save your new set, the text used for that set is added to the list of Previous Labels for this Plant, and also becomes re-usable.

Just play with it and see, by adding the same plant to 3 or 4 sets of labels, varying the text on each label set.

One other rule:
If you have multiple instances of the same plant on a set of labels, they share the same text.
If you need more than one label text options for a plant, then you need to create a new label set.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 03:21:22 PM by ideasguy »