Plants > Acer

Autumn Splendours (slideshow)

(1/1)

whis4ey:
A new slideshow soon to be added to my website showing off the magnificent autumn colours of Japanese maples :)
http://www.fujiyamagarden.com/SlideshowAut.html

ideasguy:
Absolutely brilliant Billy. I paused at every turn of the pages to study each presentation.
I'd say thats as good a presentation as you could get, and so simple to operate.
The "material", as always of course, is exquisite

Some notes I made to ask you:
The Garnet Oct 04 - is it a grafted standard?

Aoyagi - I have one - it has the most beautiful pale green foliage in spring and throughout the season. This fall, the leaves turned a beautiful butter yellow - and I see yours is the same in the photo. I didnt notice that colouring last year. Any comments about yours - year to year?

Virididis - Ive 2 of these, and now they have started to grow a bit (boy, they are SLOW growers) I'm getting more and more attached to them. Yours has a fantastic colour in Autumn, I have to say - fantastic photos
Ive one planted (yes - committed to earth!) and one in a pot. The one in a pot is growing better than the one in the earth- which needs more space - doesnt seem to like its companions?
Your planting plan is the best Ive seen - each plant has room to make a statement - and they duly oblige!!

My buy list, now that youve reminded me once again:
Inaba Shidare - I bought one and it died. It was a very nice plant, and yours is (are??)  beautiful.
Acontifolium - I'm so impressed with the leaf shapes in your photos. Very artistic.
Pendulum Julian - A present for Julian, my son (if I can part with it?)

whis4ey:
Thanks George
I try :)
The Garnet in the pic is a high grafted plant ....  it is growing into quite a nice shape
It is, however, in rather a deep shade, although the overhanging trees are being thinned out a little each year.  Unfortunately it is becoming harder and harder each year to cope with the work involved (pension age next month :))

ideasguy:
RE:

--- Quote ---Unfortunately it is becoming harder and harder each year to cope with the work involved (pension age next month
--- End quote ---
Ah, but then you will have more time, and be able to go at it at a leisurely rate  ;D

I have to congratulate you again on how impressed I was when I had the pleasure of a "conducted tour" of your garden a couple of years ago. I was so taken by how well it was maintained. It was much better than many gardens Ive seen "open to the public".

I hope you find the energy and the time to keep up the good work, Billy, and I hope our members here can show their appreciation for sharing your photos and knowledge with us. Your website is fantastic!

For the benefit of members, heres the link to your Home page:
http://www.fujiyamagarden.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version