Author Topic: Testing Testing - SENDing a Plant by email  (Read 5654 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Testing Testing - SENDing a Plant by email
« on: December 31, 2005, 05:28:27 PM »
Surprise me and SEND me a Plant and Photo by email!
Dont wory about the content in your plant profile record. Lets get the process tested.

Select a plant in program FG037 and er... click the Send by Email button.

However:
To SEND a plant by email you will need an email client

Heres a list of the E-mail clients and web mail systems that have been tested and work with this feature:
Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook Express
Lotus Notes
Hotmail

If you are sending large photos, I recommend you get a gmail account. Its Googles new offering, and its free.
You need to be invited to open an account at this stage.

Not a big deal. I can invite 50 members.
Not sure? Post here,and we'll see what difficulties arise.

Update: Ive modified this posting to maintain a list of clients which have been proved and tested in the SEND process.
To my great surprise, I found that the feature works with Hotmail!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 10:33:11 AM by ideasguy »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Testing Testing - SENDing a Plant by email
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:26:28 AM »
Time to post an update here.
There were a few teething problems with the SEND function. Basically, it worked perfectly on my development computer, but not at all on user computers.

Many MANY thanks go to Chrissie in England (The Gardener) and Andre in Belgium (Greenfinger) for their great patience and understanding, and helping me identify the problems and develop and test the program to overcome the technical difficulties.
There were quite a few exchanges of emails and many tests before this was perfected.

On 11th Jan, Chrissie and Andre applied the latest fixes, and there were flowers a'flyin' between England, Belgium and Ireland. I cracked open a tin of Guiness in celebration!

Now Ive had lovely flowers SENDed (OK, OK - the Spell checker complained - not good English - but y'know what I mean) from our own Pixydish and Edna (Florida - joining us soon) and no further reports of difficulties.

So, if you are talking flowers with a Forum friend here, make me a happy guy and get the Flowers a-flyin'.