Author Topic: DVD for pass around  (Read 4490 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
DVD for pass around
« on: November 27, 2005, 08:47:14 PM »
Ive seen good gardens, but Sam's Fujiyama Garden in Antrim, N Ireland is in a league of its own. It is REAL GOOD.
Its immaculate! This guy (and a certain lady "helper" referred to as "WonderWoman") could  put Public Gardens to shame!

I bumped into Sam on the internet a few times. Its hard not to hit his famous web site if you (like me) have a passion for Acers.
http://www.fujiyamagarden.com/
"Sam" lives a mere 30 miles from my home. It was when I was at the Northwest Flower & Garden show that his internet friend, Peter (Garden of Dreams fame, Seattle, USA) suggested I should make contact, and as they say... the rest is history.

I did, I was invited up (may have made the suggestion myself?) and I took something like 150 photos.
His acers are what I would call "perfect". A great collection, he knows all their names (named cultivars)
He's also got a great collection of Hostas.

But, the incredible thing is the the making of that garden, and Sam has written a book about it. (See web site)

This year, at long last, the TV gardening programs caught up with him, and the show was transmitted across the UK recently.
Sam informed me that he had made a DVD of the TV show. I "requested" a copy, and before you could say "pat the postman", it arrived.

Its a great show, and Sam gave me permission to share it with my Forum members.
So, if you's like to see it, we can pass it round in some sort of logical order (if thats possible for gardeners)
Put your name to the list by replying to this message, and we will start the DVD on its travels.

Ive invited Sam to look in on our new Forum. Have a visit to his web site, and if you have any questions, post them here.

Offline suecee

Re: DVD for pass around
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 08:47:16 AM »
Yes I'd be interested to se the DVD please. I believe I've already seen some pics of this garden in Ideas Genie?

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: DVD for pass around
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 02:05:28 PM »
Thers a piccy of the good lookin' guy here:
http://www.ideasgenie.co.uk/usergardens6.html
One of the many photos I took whan I finally got to meet up with Sam and "wonderwoman"

I'll post a copy of DVD to you as the first stop in the pass-around, Suecee.
You can make a copy if you wish.

Then if we get more replies here, I'll email you with the next address to send it to... if thats OK?

I'll make up one for distribution in different groups of countries. e.g. One for UK, one for US, one for Canada etc