Author Topic: Gardening at 70  (Read 2223 times)

Offline no ideas man

Gardening at 70
« on: December 12, 2005, 08:42:26 AM »
Hi
   Having reached the age of 70 the bones and the back regulate the ammount of work I get through in a day. I set myself 1 task and when it is finished that is it for the day,it might be anything cutting lawns weeding working in the greenhouse having said that at present I am clearing the borders and preparing for next spring not a job for an old fellow like me but I regard age as just a number and while still capable just get on with it. Do you gardeners out there drink much tes/coffee the kettle in my house never goes cold, anyway back to the gardening I am hoping to go organic next season and have aquired 4 compost bins the ones that look like daleks and all garden waste (no meat products)is put in them I am also looking into the (No Dig) method an what it entails any tips would be helpful. My idea of organic gardening is feeding the soil and not using pesticides a jet of water will usually do the trick does it really matter if a leaf gets nibbled or a cabbage as a caterpillar on it I don't think so learn to live with it life is to short anyway back to the border with a cup of tea of course.

Happy Gardening

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Gardening at 70
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 08:16:38 PM »
Tell us more about what you are doing Harry. Have you found any good sites which support the no-dig method?

Heres a site you can read over:
http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/intro2.php