Author Topic: Chinese New Year 2007  (Read 1852 times)

Offline 3fren

Chinese New Year 2007
« on: February 10, 2007, 12:04:03 PM »
In Chinese calender, 2007 is the year of the PIG.  We have 12 Zodiac, starting with Rat, Cow, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse ,Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Pig.

We uses the characteristic of the animal for those who are born under the particular animal.  e.g. Cow,..you can expect the person to be stable, serious, hardworking, stubborn ,etc. For Monkey...you would be able to analyse..

Other than the service sectors, all office will be closed on the eve, 1st and 2nd day of the CNY, this year will be 17 Feb (eve), 18th (1st day) 19th (2nd day).  For production, constructions , we will close longer, sometimes between 7 days to 15 days.

We will have a closing year feast for all our workers (a thank you feast on last day of work) and on reopening, the workers
will bring 2 to 4 Mandarin oranges to exchange (wishing prosperity and good wishes).  In turn, the boss will distribute an "angpow"
red packet with money in it to bless them with good luck !

I think the tradition is getting to long... if any of you wanted to know more, please let me know....

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Chinese New Year 2007
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 01:08:42 PM »
As I requested, thanks for posting this Jessie.
I'd like you to post the releveaant content of the email you sent me this morning, telling what the Chinese do over the New Year.
I was very imperessed by your family values, and I commented that it was nice to see how much repect and reqard the Chinese have for all members of the family, particularly the elderly.

Offline Kew

• Kengar Sticks and Twigs
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 10:28:46 AM »
Kong Hee Fat Choi......or as we say in English; Happy New Year.

Best wishes. Ken.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 08:58:57 AM by Kew »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 10:13:09 AM »
I see you are back posting n the forum, Jessie. I hope you enjoyed your Chinese New Year.
In the email you sent, I was very impressed by your account of how you visit family and friends over the holiday period.
I hope you can post it here for all members to see. As I commented, its really nice to see family values being held in such high regard.

As I write this message, I'm drinking a very nice cup of Korean Ginseng Tea  ;)