Author Topic: Additional topics?  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Kew

• Kengar Sticks and Twigs
Additional topics?
« on: January 29, 2007, 10:16:07 PM »
Looking at the long list of contents on this site, I would have thought there was more than enough to please most dedicated flower growers, but I wonder if there is room for some basic topics, a place where new garden people will feel at home and not be frightened to ask the very basic of questions such as;
  When should I cut my lawn, When do I plant my tulips, Do I cut my daff's after flowering, Will ivy kill my tree, When do I sow my sunflower/sweetpea  seeds? Do I pull all my rhubarb? All pretty basic stuff but if 'new to garden' people are encouraged to ask and have those questioned answered then maybe over time they'll gain the confidence to ask more detailed questions.
Would the site moderators consider this for the future?

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
Re: Additional topics?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 10:35:12 PM »
As they say "there are no stupid questions, ..." all gardening topics and - levels are very welcome. I hope the forum doesn't give the impression we are an exclusive club of finetuned gardeners. As I speak for myself I don't consider myself as an expert in which garden aspect whatever, far from that. If I take f.i. the wood area work I wrote about: I've made it clear (I hope) this is the trial and error of someone who has found something new to lay his hands on, a layman.
In my library are some books written by people who didn't know anything about how to begin a garden but they started it AND they WROTE about it. Although they are certainly no experienced gardeners they produce the most refreshing literature, because beginners still have the capability to look with bright new eyes. It all comes to take the keyboard and just WRITE it down, also the questions and problems you meet.

Offline Kew

• Kengar Sticks and Twigs
Re: Additional topics?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 01:33:26 PM »
I like the idea of the contact this site has with people in other parts.
My query about a plant in Singapore brought an answer in no time from someone who lives in Sigapore. You can't get much more direct than that. A very detailed answer and pointers to other infomation sites too.
Where there's a will.....eh, GF?