Flower Genie > Linking Photos in Flower Genie

Linking photo

(1/3) > >>

Gene:
Gene here, OK, so I am not good on computers. I just started using FG and learned how to add plants. Got some done and even printed one out. Then I added a photo. I try to print and get "invaled path or file name"  I get a printout with nothing but the plant name and common name in a banner across the top. Please, please, what have I done wrong. All my plant photos are in a file   C:\FG plants. Gene

greenfinger:
I guess Georgewizz will tell you going to look under Preferences FG198 and Photoslocation. In this program you can change the default location of your photos.

Gene:
Hi Greenfinger,Thanks for the quick reply. I thought of that and my FG198 has the following settings. Date=mm-dd-yy  USA.
Language: English
Allow auto resize is checked
When searching for my photos start at=C:\FG Plants
Photo location= C:=harddisk

I really hate to lean on George all the time. He has been a great help to me, but this has me scratching my head. I can print a full data sheet BEFORE I link a photo so I thought it had to be something to do with that. I have kept the programs updated but our propagation nursery has kept me from using it and learning.  We've had lots of Ice & cold the last 2 weeks so now was the time to learn. I wanted to go thru all the lessons one by one. First was "Getting Started-recommendations"  FG198 was no problem. Then I went to FG037 and learned to add a plant. Finally came up with a format I liked in re Latin name, common name and all the data I wanted. FG042 was no problem. FG038 no problem.

The first use of FG030 gave me a really bad photo. Too small and too low a resolution. George explained that to me. Then I tried to link a GOOD photo to a plant I had added. All was OK till I tried to print in FG037. Then I got the bad news, the print takes place if I click ok but all that prints is the heading banner.
Thanks for your input Greenfinger. Enjoy reading your posts.  Gene

ideasguy:
Hi Gene
Dont hesitate to ask if you are stuck!

The setting in FG198 is really for helping you to add photos quicker - quite simply thats all it does. 
Heres how to use it.
If you have just taken a batch of photos, and you want to link them using FG030, then in preferences, set the value of 
When searching for photos, start at this folder level
to the folder with the photos.
Its for convenience only, and does nothing whatsoever once you have linked a plant to a photo.

Are you using FG037 to print?
If yes, I assume you are getting to the screen FG100S41
In that screen,
1) Make sure your photo is showing
2) make sure Print Photo is checked (its the default setting, so dont touch anything)
3) Click Print

If the photo is large, give it time.

Let me know the steps you are taking is this doesnt help Gene.

Ive just checked my computer and its OK.
I'm running FG037 Version 22 (this udate was posted yesterday)
Did you download this?

If you are still having problems, can you give me some more background.
e.g. How many photos are linked to the plant, the history of the linking.

Another test - Lets try this.
Link a photo to another plant and try printing.

greenfinger:
Printing is a function I hadn't yet used in FG. Now I've tried it out under FG037 (still version 20) and it seems to work as it should on my computer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version