Bank Genie > General discussion

Bank Genie "Pay Day"

(1/1)

Bill:
George,

I assume the "Pay Day" box on the Bank Account input screen BS003S02 represents the day of the month that your salary is deposited into your bank account. Therefore the program will know each month what daythat ppayment will take place.

What if one is paid every 4 weeks/28days the actual day changes each month, can this be accounted for?

regards
Bill

ideasguy:

--- Quote ---What if one is paid every 4 weeks/28days the actual day changes each month, can this be accounted for?
--- End quote ---

mmm Good one!
It is certainly based on calendar month

So, in relation to your question I will have to add that to the "Things to do list"
Incidentally, Ian has summarised a list of my things to do, as we have exchanged countless emails and discussed so many things.
Can you add this one to your list Ian?

I think this needs careful study.
Even though pay day may be every 28 days, there are usually payments which are based on a fixed date in a calendar month.
Do you have some like that?

Its not just a simple matter of moving the pay day date on automatically, since you might miss out on processing S/O transactions which are due within the dates.

Get up and running, Bill, and see how it works for you at present. Since you are going back in time, and keying up older data (so you have history), you will see the standing order generations work. Its actually a very good exercise.

All this is irrelevant if you dont mind having extra transactions in your figures.
Simply process standing orders, weekly payments, monthly payments etc in advance (say by one extra month).
Surplus transactions can be moved into the 999997 statement (the dummy statement for holding such transactions.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version