Suppliers > Plant Suppliers

Imberhorne Lane Nursery - Catalog on CD

(1/3) > >>

ideasguy:
Ive been in contact with Michael at Imberhorne since October 2002. It was around that time that I began creating a Camellia database.
I first mooted the idea of a Catalog on CD for his business in April 2004, and Michael was very interested. I made up a draft, but wasnt quite happy with the database at that stage.

Since then, we now have IG, IG Pro, and FG, and all Catalogs on CD will be common in functionality in all systems.

I'm working on this today as part of another project. I'm also using the software "as a user", and testing the programs after the full size screen modifications.
I hope to have a "draft" copy of the Catalog on CD over the next few days.
If you'd like a copy, please let me know. If Michael agrees, I will let you have a copy of the draft.
It will speed things up if we can get feedback quickly. Spring is approaching!!

I spoke to Michael on the phone today, and he informs me that the 2007 catalog is soon to be published on their website, and that they are moving to a new web site.
He's very excited about his product range, as he has expanded the business to cover the following:
Acers
Azalea
Bamboo
Camellia
Rhododendron
Roses
Shrubs
Tree Peonies

Heres the current web site:
http://www.camelliasonline.co.uk/

and heres the new web site which will replace the above in a month or two.
http://www.treepeoniesonline.co.uk
Click on the downloadable brochure for a peep at whats on offer.

I'll invite Michael to visit and tell us more.

ideasguy:
This project was shelved until I upgraded all my software.
Now thats complete - I'm back on the case!

I wrote this Catalogs software more than a year ago.

To use the finished article, you put the CD in the drive, and click the Catalogs tab on the menu, and run program GA040
The procedure is exactly the same on FG as IG Pro.

You will be able to a) Order on line, b) create a Mail order for posting, or c) click a button to automatically email the supplier for a quote (along the lines of the SEND plants button).

The supplier will have a special IG Pro program to read in your email (much the same in principle as your Get Plants program) and will be able to turn around enquires very quickly, advising shipping costs and availability, recommended substitutes etc.

ideasguy:
Photos of Camellias would be much appreciated right now, for inclusion in the Catalog on CD.

In our email correspondence tonight, Andre told me he had been on a day out to the Botanical Garden of Leuven near his home in Belgium, and told me about the fantastic display of Camellias which are in full bloom at the moment.
I enquired if they were labelled. The answer was yes.
He "volunteered" (he reverts to the name Frodo when he volunteers for involvement in my projects)
 to take some photos!

Do you have photos of named Camellia plants? General views of the plants in the garden and close up of the flowers would be very much appreciated. Please send to my gmail account. Get in touch and I'll email this to anyone who wishes to contribute.
In return? A free copy of the Catalog on CD, with lots and lots of photos - including my own photos taken in Lady Dixon Park, Belfast, at the International Camellia Trials garden. I liken it to heaven on earth. Its absolutely beautiful.

greenfinger:
The botanical garden in Leuven (Louvain) today in the afternoon.

ideasguy:
Whats that shiny bright stuff? Sunshine?

Hope you and Lut enjoyed your day out André
Thanks for the multitude of Camellia photos you sent today. Excellent job!
Ive been adding the plant names and comparing to whats available in Imberhorne catalog.
I'm getting excited about this catalog!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version