Flower Genie > Whats New

Importing from Master Database

(1/1)

ideasguy:
Program My Plants and Garden - FG037
Version 20 of this program allows you to Import a Plant and its MAIN photo from the Master Database on CD.
Download it here:
http://www.flowergenie.co.uk/dl/fg_updates.php
Dont have Flower Genie?
You can download that here:
http://www.flowergenie.co.uk/

If you dont have a copy of the Master Database, its available for a very small charge - basically to cover the cost of P&P.
It can now be used in any of the Genie series.

The BIG announcement is - Although its created in IG Pro/Bonsai Genie format, it can be used in IG and in FG.

I want every user to have a copy of this CD, and to contribute to its content, particularly a) photos and b) your appraisal of the worthiness of the plants - Everyone can have a say. I record these as "Reviews".

The Ideas Genie Community can make this THE best resource available to Gardeners.
I'm excited about this project! Ive put a lot of development into each product to make it a fun, yet professionally useful resource.

Instructions:
Put Master Database CD in Drive
Start Flower Genie
Start Program FG037 (in IG Pro its GA037)
Use the Data Source pop-up to select the Master Database from the drop-down list.
This closes your Flower Genie database (disc) and opens the Master Database on CD.
The Master Database is in Ideas Genie Pro format.
However, Ive programmed FG037 to allow you to browse the database and its 9200+ plants, and view photos (where available)
You can use the Edit button, to view the Plant Profile, and do a Google search if you wish.

If you find a plant of interest, click the Copy this Plant button in FG037S01
(this button is only visible when you browse a database selected from the Data Source pop-up)
Screen FG100S40 appears
Flower Genie converts the data on CD and presents it in Screen FG100S40.
You can edit if you wish
Click Add button
The Plant is saved to your Flower Genie database on hard disc.
If the plant had a photo, this is also copied AND linked to the plant!!

To see your new plant in YOUR database.
Use the Data Source popup
Select My Main Data Files
Find the plant.

NOTE: All photos on the CD are "embedded" (a new development to help protect copyright of everyones images on the CD).
This will create an "embedded" photo on your disk.
The embedded photo is the same disc space as the original jpg file on my computer.
It displays real quick!

Simple!

Comments please

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version