Author Topic: Bank Genie Pro 6 and Bank Genie 6 - Program Updates - 13th Dec 19  (Read 1679 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Updates have been published today which are applicable to Bank Genie 6 and Bank Genie Pro 6

Under the Help tab on the Main Menu, use the program Check for updates.
This program checks the programs in your Bank Genie (6 or Pro 6) installation and does a lookup on our Program Updates website and shows you what updates (if any) are ready for you to download and install.

The Group 5 update on 14th October 2019 is very important.
Its main function is to deliver an update to version 5 of the program Integrity Check - BS913 (found under the File tab).
That program is used to test your system for a corrupted file(s).
Don't be alarmed! Corrupted files in Bank Genie are very rare.
The good news is, they can be fixed.
A file can (mercifully not always!!) be corrupted when you exit from Bank Genie abnormally e.g. by powering off your computer while Bank Genie is still running.
I've developed that program to help the handful of users who have experienced a corrupted file. When a related error was reported I previously had to ask the user to identify the corrupted file and send it to me as an email attachment. After fixing the fie I had to return it to the user to copy to the original location.
If such an error is reported I can now direct the user to run that program. If the program identifies a corrupted file then a Fix button is enabled. The user can click Fix and the program will repair the corrupted file.
The good news again is that no precious data is lost.
The update to Version 5 adds some important Core data files to the list of files which can be checked and repaired.

To avoid corrupted files, please Exit from Bank Genie NORMALLY when you have finished. Avoid switching your computer off while Bank Genie is running.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 05:36:58 PM by ideasguy »

Offline ContraOboe

Re: Bank Genie Pro 6 and Bank Genie 6 - Program Updates - 13th Dec 19
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 12:22:07 PM »
Thanks George - all done here!