Author Topic: Brilliant new photography program from Adobe  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Trevor Ellis

Brilliant new photography program from Adobe
« on: December 15, 2006, 01:13:19 PM »
If there are any photographers out there who would like to explore what can be done with a great new (in development) programme from Adobe then I would recommend looking at the Beta 4.1 version of Lightroom. This is a professional program which copes with adjustments to all aspects of light/colour and more. It's not fully developed by any means according to the programmers since there are lots more things in the pipeline but there is plenty to cope with already. I particularly like the facility to view before and after images as you work on an image. Everything is very flexible, quick and easy to use once you've got an overview. There are some video tutorials which can be accessed from the program itself and these are well worth viewing since some of the facilities aren't obvious. There are no cheap or flashy tricks or fancy borders. Just down to earth stuff. For anyone who knows anything about Ansel Adam's methods (Dr Beers formulas etc.) well this seems to me to be the digital equivalent. The Beta runs out at the end of February so be quick if you want to join in. It can be accessed and downloaded from labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/. I just hope that I can afford the full version when it arrives!

Trevor Ellis

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Brilliant new photography program from Adobe
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 09:36:46 AM »
I havent had a chance to try this yet, Trevor.
How is it going for you?