Author Topic: Hello from Peterborough, UK  (Read 2285 times)

Offline NigelF

Hello from Peterborough, UK
« on: September 14, 2018, 09:53:58 AM »
Hello 
I am trying out Ideas Genie Pro - thanks to George for the helpful introduction!
I have always enjoyed gardening but am no expert.  I don't know the names of some of the plants that I recognise.
Having just moved to a new house and taken on a larger (established) garden I plan to use Ideas Genie Pro to record what I have and the changes that I make.
Help and advice from other users will be welcome!

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Hello from Peterborough, UK
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 11:50:05 AM »
Welcome to the forum Nigel and of course, thank you for choosing Ideas Genie Pro 6  :)

As you now know, I really enjoy the over the phone tutorial, helping new Ideas Genie users get started with the software.
For me, I get a refresher on some of the many aspect of the software when we go over the getting started steps.

Now you have made a start I would enjoy another session to explain some more of the advanced and other hidden treasures :D
I spent many, many hours developing Ideas Genie Pro 6.
Its always a pleasure to meet up with another enthusiastic gardener!

Offline NigelF

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 06:12:01 PM »
Hello George.  Just to let you know that I am still actively using Ideas Genie Pro 6.  Having broken down the garden into 41 areas I have populated the database with 168 plants so far, and most of the specimens have photos.  It has been really useful, so thanks for developing it!  I'm sure that I am only scratching the surface in terms of it's capability, but it does what I wanted it for.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 08:03:22 PM »
That is very encouraging Nigel. You have certainly managed the essentials of Ideas Genie Pro 6 from what you have told me.
I'm impressed that you have photos of most of your specimens. That takes a lot of patience and effort!
I have to do a lot of work to make the surroundings look at their best when taking a photo. At this time of year after winters growth (weeds, not flowers unfortunately) that is quite a task.

Have you used the Garden Area Photos program (GA605?).

Have you used the Web Projects program (GA642)?
If yes, I'd like to encourage you to help you to post a project on the web space I provide for Ideas Genie users.

Thank you again for your "progress report"  ;D