Author Topic: Bank Genie Pro 6 - Program Updates - 10th Aug 18  (Read 2067 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Bank Genie Pro 6 - Program Updates - 10th Aug 18
« on: August 10, 2018, 12:50:21 PM »
Updates have been published today for Bank Genie Pro 6

Under the Help tab on the Main Menu, use the program Check for updates.
This program checks the programs in your Bank Genie Pro 6 installation and does a lookup on our Program Updates website and shows you what updates (if any) are ready for you to download and install.

After doing ALL the updates, start Bank Genie Pro 6 and look in the title bar, just above the Main Menu at the top of the screen.
All Bank Genie Pro 6 users who have installed Bank Genie Pro 6 before todays date will find the description says:
Bank Genie Pro 6+Inv.
That means your installation allows access to the Investments program.

Offline barryl

Re: Bank Genie Pro 6 - Program Updates - 10th Aug 18
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 07:59:59 PM »
george: In the above message do you mean "all those who have installed *after* today's date" rather then *before*?

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Bank Genie Pro 6 - Program Updates - 10th Aug 18
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 03:52:44 PM »
Hi Barry.
It is *before*, but users please note that it you will only see +Inv when you have applied the latest program updates.
Everyone who purchased Bank Genie Pro 6 "before" will have the full system WITH Investments program enabled.
I am soon to make a Pro 6 version available which does not have the new Investments program, to encourage Bank Genie Pro users with older versions who DONT need to record Investments to upgrade.
As you know, Investments is only one of the new features which have been added to Version 6.
You can read about whats new in Bank Genie Pro 6 here:
http://www.bankgenie.net/support-BankGenie6/whatsnew.html

The full range will be 3 items: Bank Genie 6, Bank Genie Pro 6 (without Investments) and Bank Genie Pro 6+Inv (meaning + Investments).

I'd like to get everyone with older versions onto Version 6 as it has the new Program Updates program and that is much easier for users to receive updates that in the previous versions.
Also, they will receive new features in updates as they are released.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 03:56:15 PM by ideasguy »