Author Topic: BG Pro 6 - Account Types  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Rupert

BG Pro 6 - Account Types
« on: February 26, 2018, 05:01:58 PM »
Hi, I have changed some accounts that were set as Savings or Other in BG4 to Assets and Liabilities in BG6.  When I view them in BS403S01 the "Acct Type" column shows them as "NOT KNOWN" though they do show correctly on the Home screen.

Also I am struggling between Account Types and My Account Groups on here as there appears to be a combination of selections between the two sections that has to be made to show the correct accounts?

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: BG Pro 6 - Account Types
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 05:42:02 PM »
Hi Keith

RE:
...Assets and Liabilities in BG6.  When I view them in BS403S01 the "Acct Type" column shows them as "NOT KNOWN" though they do show correctly on the Home screen.
My bad :o
I've fixed that. Will be OK in next set of updates - hopefully tomorrow.
Look out for them using the Check for updates program.

RE:
Also I am struggling between Account Types and My Account Groups on here as there appears to be a combination of selections between the two sections that has to be made to show the correct accounts
In the Home screen, the settings are cumulative.
i.e. If you select an account type AND an Account Group, then only accounts of that account type will be displayed within the selected account group.
Is that working OK for you?

Offline Rupert

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 03:16:24 PM »
Thanks George on the Home screen explanation.

I am struggling with the program updates.  Gone through the whole process and appear to download, Bank Genie closed after the first one of nine but still getting NOT KNOWN in BS403 and when I go back to check for updates they are all still there.  There are security checks in Windows 10 but I am allowing the updates to be processed?

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 03:57:29 PM »
Two things there Keith.

1)
Setting up Bank Accounts - BS403.
If an account type is showing in the list as NOT KNOWN then you have to edit that account and change the Account type to one of the options e.g. Current account, Credit Card account, Investment account etc.

Program updates to Bank Genie Pro 6 do not fix that. Setting up Bank Accounts is under your control, requiring Edit.

2)
It could be that I have published another update since you did your last "Check for updates".
After you do ALL the downloads offered, start the "Check for updates" program again.
It should say your system is up to date.
Please reply and confirm that it works for you.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 03:59:05 PM by ideasguy »

Offline Rupert

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 05:38:08 PM »
Hi George,

BS403 - if I edit the account type to any except Asset or Liability then it saves it correctly.  I can select either of these two in the Change window but when I save it then displays as UNKNOWN.

Program updates - I have gone through the update process again for each one and persuaded Windows 10 Defender that I do want to run the downloads which it appears to do but when I go back to Results - after checking for updates the 9 downloads are still there.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 10:04:45 PM »
It looks like you are not succeeding with the download and install of Program Updates Keith.
Ive just finished posting 5 more updates today.

Try it again.
After finishing, start the program Bank Accounts-BS403.
It should indicate Version 24 in the title bar.

I'll give you a call tomorrow evening.

If any other Bank Genie Pro 6 users are reading this, please reply to let me know if you are OK with the use of the Check for Updates program.
Download latest offerings, then check BS403 - it should be Ver 24 (or higher)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 10:14:02 PM by ideasguy »

Offline Rupert

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 07:01:09 AM »
All sorted George.  This time the Installshield Wizard appeared after the download prompts.  10 updates successfully completed, Bank accounts now version 24 and account type showing correctly.

Thank you again for your help.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 11:01:01 PM »
That's better Keith :D
There will be more to follow as I'm making some adjustments. Although they are (in the main) related to Investments they do result in changes to a number of other programs.