Bank Genie > General discussion

BG Pro 6 - Account Types

(1/2) > >>

Rupert:
Hi, I have changed some accounts that were set as Savings or Other in BG4 to Assets and Liabilities in BG6.  When I view them in BS403S01 the "Acct Type" column shows them as "NOT KNOWN" though they do show correctly on the Home screen.

Also I am struggling between Account Types and My Account Groups on here as there appears to be a combination of selections between the two sections that has to be made to show the correct accounts?

ideasguy:
Hi Keith

RE:
--- Quote ---...Assets and Liabilities in BG6.  When I view them in BS403S01 the "Acct Type" column shows them as "NOT KNOWN" though they do show correctly on the Home screen.

--- End quote ---
My bad :o
I've fixed that. Will be OK in next set of updates - hopefully tomorrow.
Look out for them using the Check for updates program.

RE:
--- Quote --- Also I am struggling between Account Types and My Account Groups on here as there appears to be a combination of selections between the two sections that has to be made to show the correct accounts
--- End quote ---
In the Home screen, the settings are cumulative.
i.e. If you select an account type AND an Account Group, then only accounts of that account type will be displayed within the selected account group.
Is that working OK for you?

Rupert:
Thanks George on the Home screen explanation.

I am struggling with the program updates.  Gone through the whole process and appear to download, Bank Genie closed after the first one of nine but still getting NOT KNOWN in BS403 and when I go back to check for updates they are all still there.  There are security checks in Windows 10 but I am allowing the updates to be processed?

ideasguy:
Two things there Keith.

1)
Setting up Bank Accounts - BS403.
If an account type is showing in the list as NOT KNOWN then you have to edit that account and change the Account type to one of the options e.g. Current account, Credit Card account, Investment account etc.

Program updates to Bank Genie Pro 6 do not fix that. Setting up Bank Accounts is under your control, requiring Edit.

2)
It could be that I have published another update since you did your last "Check for updates".
After you do ALL the downloads offered, start the "Check for updates" program again.
It should say your system is up to date.
Please reply and confirm that it works for you.

Rupert:
Hi George,

BS403 - if I edit the account type to any except Asset or Liability then it saves it correctly.  I can select either of these two in the Change window but when I save it then displays as UNKNOWN.

Program updates - I have gone through the update process again for each one and persuaded Windows 10 Defender that I do want to run the downloads which it appears to do but when I go back to Results - after checking for updates the 9 downloads are still there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version