Author Topic: Currency Refresh problem  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Mary C

Currency Refresh problem
« on: February 12, 2018, 01:11:27 PM »
Hi,
I can assure you that we have been happily using BG pro4 without any trouble until now.  About the start of 2018 we found that we were unable to refresh EURO currency in screen BS418S02.  It looks as if its a website restriction; the following webscreen displays.

Google   Sorry...
        We're sorry...
            ... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.
          See Google Help for more information.

Google Home

Pasted from <http://www.google.com/finance/converter?a=1&from=EUR&to=GBP>

Is there any way of manually updating the currency if the website will not allow connection. 

Offline Mary C

Re: Currency Refresh problem
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 02:36:26 PM »
Problem Fixed.
Thank you George for letting me download the new version Pro6 prior to upgrading so I could test this function.
 :)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Currency Refresh problem
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 04:20:11 PM »
Thank you for confirming success Mary!
Thank you for upgrading from BG Pro 4 to Bank Genie Pro 6.

I hope you will enjoy the new features!
Some are my own ideas some are from other users.
My favourite is the ability to shuffle the transactions recorded for a particular date.
I like to have my transactions and the running totals exactly in line with my Bank Statement.
That feature (in combination with the C=Cleared function) makes it much easier to reconcile when I'm online.
I always feel under pressure when reconciling on line as they don't allow much time before disconnecting and terminating the session.