Author Topic: Dropbox problem and an apology to new customers (31 Aug to 7th Sept 2017)  (Read 2683 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Ive been on holiday in Majorca this past week.
Returned home safely yesterday to be greeted by rain and temp of 13 degrees. What a shock after sweltering in the upper 20's!

James was in charge of our internal Sales Order Processing system.
He has been fully trained in processing new orders and upgrades and operates the Licence Resetting Service (for anyone who changes computers or has had a serious computer issue and have had to reinstall Windows)
We share the data over Dropbox.
We have shared this for months without incident.
The Sales Order Processing system allows the user (e.g. James) to add customer details, enter order details, select a Product, select a licence and auto generates an email which opens Outlook, ready to send.

I installed Dropbox on my laptop before leaving so I could help if required.

Somehow, the Dropbox database became corrupted and became virtually unusable.
He did manage to send out a few emails to new customers but they were partially inaccurate.

I will post another message with an update on my progress in recovering from this incident by restoring a copy of the Dropbox folder (NOT AT ALL EASY!!) made before I set off on holiday.
Initially, I suspect the poor WiFi connection to my laptop at the hotel. Its the only thing I can think off at present.

I apologise to our new customers over the period 31 Aug to 7th Sept 2017.
Its an embarrassing incident. I'm now re-processing your orders and will be contacting each of you today by email and by phone if you have entered that when ordering.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 12:03:54 PM by ideasguy »