Author Topic: Transaction Date  (Read 2800 times)

Offline Tony Ray

Transaction Date
« on: May 18, 2017, 03:04:38 PM »
I am experiencing a rather irritating problem (which doesn't otherwise affect my enjoyment of Bank Genie)!
When I want to add a debit or credit transaction (using easy add) and the the transaction date field has the current days date in it but I want to enter a date other than the current one, when I click on the calendar icon or down arrow the full calendar appears. When I then try to move the cursor to the calendar it (the calendar) disappears. This will happen two or three times until it finally stays on screen.
I would be grateful for some help please.
Cheers
Tony Ray

Offline Chris Walker

Re: Transaction Date
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 09:16:31 PM »
When I click on the calendar or the down arrow, the calendar window opens and the mouse pointer remains focused on the calendar icon. If I just move the cursor down into the calendar window I can set the date without any problem. However, if the mouse pointer goes outside the calendar window, it does close the window. Only I these circumstances does the calendar window close before I can set a date. The problem is more likely to occur if I am using a touchpad (I hate touchpads!) as it is not as easy to control the mouse pointer movement. Is this what is causing your problem?

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 10:30:56 PM »
Yes Tony, as Chris has described, you do have to keep the mouse inside the boundary of the calendar otherwise it closes.

If you are using a laptop and having problems then you might find it easier to simply type the date.

You can also use the shortcut keys. Ive described the functionality in this section of the User Guide:
http://www.bankgenie.net/UserGuide/CommonIndex/Common1/common1.html#DatePickers

We can thank Barry for insisting on the addition of that feature way back when :D

Offline barryl

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 07:33:43 AM »
My Pleasure :D !

I also hate touchpads and use the BIOS to turn them off.

Offline Tony Ray

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 10:14:04 AM »
Thanks everyone for comments but I definitely do not stray outside the boundaries of the calendar. However, yesterday I belatedly downloaded an update (from 2014 I believe) and that problem has now resolved itself. But! I now have another problem. I no longer have easy add!!! Any thoughts?
Regards
Tony

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 11:31:19 AM »
Hi Tony

With that latest update, its all Easy Add. That checkbox has been removed as it is unnecessary.
Now you have your second licence and have installed the latest version I'll chat to you on the phone to help you set up the "Open on Startup" feature.
Its explained in this Bank Genie User Guide section:
http://www.bankgenie.net/UserGuide/426/426.html#StartUpFolder