Author Topic: and what to do about it?  (Read 6843 times)

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
and what to do about it?
« on: December 09, 2006, 05:56:45 PM »
When I think it all over: computers, modems, the internet and the email, you name it ..., I get the impression I have a lot of information on my hands.
And to reach that heaven of info I initially thought I had to learn to handle a lot of techniques and procedures. Later I became a member of several email lists and forums and had to learn how to transmit messages to my fellow members. And then: transmitting pictures, even with lots and lots of pixels, ... with time came necessity to keep it simple.
It all becomes easier and more userfriendly, thank heaven for that. And I think this Forum is a very good step in that direction,with the helpfulness of George and a core of members. What unites us are in the first place our garden and plant pleasures. The technique permitting us to exchange our experiences to each other is the computer and our key-board. Just as important as pen and paper, no less but also no more.
With time I learned that technique may not be permitted to stand in the way when one wants to make contact with others. For the fellow members between us who would still have cold water fear about using this forum: just try and you will see everyone can handle the technique. If you think you have something to say, just do it. To use the words of George: just play with it and have fun!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 10:43:59 AM by greenfinger »

Offline JeanV

Re: and what to do about it?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 10:48:08 AM »
Well I was all set to advise on how not to get plants sitting in cold water and I realise you were taling about us!
Jean in Wales

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 09:39:54 PM »
Always welcome to give advise, Jean!

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 09:51:59 PM »
As André (Greenfinger) says
If you think you have something to say, just do it.

Please go ahead!

Thanks for replying in this thread. I feared the cold water would turn to ice  ;D
I had a peep in to the forum at lunch time and noticed we had 12 "Guests". Its nice to see the interest, and new postings!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 09:55:09 PM by ideasguy »

Offline Edna

• Southwest Florida Gardening
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 03:55:01 PM »
I was about to reply with pearls of wisdom, telling everyone that "cold water" would be simply devistating to our plants here in south Florida, but that we rarely had to worry about it because of our weather. Sorry for being so foolish. I've been doing a lot of that type of thing today. Maybe I need more coffee?

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 08:09:09 PM »
Hi Edna. The only consolation we have in good ol' muddy Ireland is that we can grow a wide range of plants. Most can take a downpour for a day or two, then perk up like a shiny button as soon as the sun appears. Not good for sunlovers though!