Author Topic: Back Up reminder  (Read 2153 times)

Offline John435

Back Up reminder
« on: March 15, 2017, 10:58:22 AM »
One thing I do miss about Microsoft Money is that it reminded you periodically to backup to an external source.  I had mine set to every 7 days. 
Is there something that could be built in to Bank Genie to remind you that it is time to do a back up to an external source?

It was something that I did do a few times when I first had Bank Genie, however when I went to backup before setting up my new PC I discovered that my last backup had been done in 2015!
Getting the new PC had prompted me to do a back up so that once set up on the new PC I could simply restore the data and carry on.  It then dawned on me how important regular backups are.  Whilst most new pc's are reliable there are always the odd "duff" ones and also older machines will eventually give up with the potential for you to lose your data. 

I've had a brief discussion with George via email on the subject and just wondered what other users are doing.  Do you religiously do a backup or like me plod along without realising just how long ago you last did a backup?  Would a reminder to backup be of help to you?

Over to you...

Offline barryl

Re: Back Up reminder
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 04:57:42 PM »
If you recall George this is already on my (somewhat lengthy) wishlist. (Quicken has an automatic backup feature and I never remember to backup often enough with Bank Genie).

I would prefer to trigger it by a quantity of changes, but a date trigger would be just as good....