Author Topic: Bank Genie Pro - SO's and DD's  (Read 2349 times)

Offline paul38g73

Bank Genie Pro - SO's and DD's
« on: December 21, 2016, 10:17:57 AM »
For the first time I've just processed a number of monthly SO's and DD's to be paid in a new year (Jan 2017), using Process item. Most worked fine, but a few generated transactions dated December 2017. Anyone else had the same issue, or able to offer advice please?

Offline paul38g73

Re: Bank Genie Pro - SO's and DD's
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 12:42:24 PM »
I've had a call from George about this. The most likely explanation is operator error (!) - beware in attached screen BS423SO3 - you must enter month and date correctly - we think I changed year to 2017 but neglected to change month.
George also provided some excellent advice on processing SO's and DD's, and on Reconciling, etc. This gives me an opportunity to thank George and say how impressive, both in quality and response time, support for Bank Genie is. 

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Bank Genie Pro - SO's and DD's
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 01:40:27 PM »
Thank you Paul and for the screenshot.
Glad it was an easy one to deal with ;D

As we discussed, its much easier to use the program Process Standing Orders - BS429.
To all users, I recommend using the Date picker (top right region of the initial screen BS429S01) to select a date in the future (say 6 weeks or so), click Refresh and then use the Process All button. That adds the transactions up to that date to the Manage Transactions -BS421 listings and the running balance (in BS421) gives a projected cash flow.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 01:42:54 PM by ideasguy »