Author Topic: A superb package  (Read 3367 times)

Offline ianmcb

• Keen User
A superb package
« on: November 25, 2006, 09:43:15 AM »
Packages are only good when they do what you want.  This is superb as it does more or less exactly what I want it to do and I managed to get going with it very easily.  I now have all my account information in one place and can easily update records, marry the data against my bank records and see what my total expenditure is each month.

You can process standing orders easily and add data from downloads from your bank. If your bank is not registered in the system - no problem - provide George with a sample download and it will be set up.

I managed to navigate around it without using the help available, but I am computer literate and I tend to dive in and try things rather than read manuals - but I did get a little help with a few pointers from George - but essentially, it is easy to use.

I did find a few things which could be improved in the layout of the fields in some of the screens - and much to George's annoyance, one bug - but to George's credit, everything was fixed very promptly.

Reports can be produced summarizing types of expenditure over specified periods. What I do miss is consolidation subtotals for expenditure types but I am hoping George is going to come through on that one.

Well done, George, I like it - and thanks for all the support.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: A superb package
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 07:58:31 PM »
Gosh! Thank you Ian  8)
 I'll have to go out and buy a frame for that!

I am very grateful to you for the feedback Ian, and I hope others reading this will take note that I do listen and respond to user requests and feedback.

Your contribution has allowed me to clean up quite a few things, and of course that makes for a better product.
I'm very grateful for that.

When I read your emails it was very apparent that you have explored the system to its full extent, and it was nice to talk to someone who had such indepth knowledge of the system.

What I do miss is consolidation subtotals for expenditure types but I am hoping George is going to come through on that one.
Well! How can I ignore that request! I'm taking a break from developing the Bank Genie Net Worth program, and will schedule this in very soon, before Christmas  ;)