Author Topic: Is it possible to call the default web browser rather than IE?  (Read 2788 times)

BeteNoir

I will confess at once to being an definite non-fan of IE and to using alternatives like Firefox and Palemoon. The trouble is that when I ask Bankgenie to update the exchange rates, it calls IE rather than my default browser. Even worse, on my Win 8.1 64bit set up Bankgenie does not close IE and I need to do it manually as well as remove all the junk it leaves behind.

So I got to wondering how difficult it will be to improve(?) matters by invoking the system default.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Is it possible to call the default web browser rather than IE?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 11:24:56 AM »
Hi Yehuda

Which screen are you using?

In screen BS421S03 (adding or editing transactions):
When doing a currency conversion, the program creates an instance of IE, but does not make it visible.
It has to be IE, as no other browser offers the code to allow me to embed that type of functionality inside the Bank Genie program screens.

In Net Worth program when you click the Refresh (Exchange Rates) it takes you to screen BS418S02.
In that screen there is a Show Web Pages check box.
Use that to hide or make visible the instance of IE. An instance is created for each currency you need to convert so multiple instances may be opened if SHOW option is selected.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 11:30:01 AM by ideasguy »

BeteNoir

Re: Is it possible to call the default web browser rather than IE?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 10:58:24 AM »
Yap, I got that one  :'(. But what I would like is that Bank Genie calls my default web browser which happens to be Firefox at this time. I just HATE IE with vigour and thrive on being an eccentric.  :-*