Author Topic: Welcome, Nico from Roma  (Read 5258 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Welcome, Nico from Roma
« on: March 19, 2016, 05:00:54 PM »
I'd like you to welcome Nicoroma to the forum - our new member Nicola from Rome, Italy.
He is an Ideas Genie Pro 6 user.

It was some time before I realised that Nicola in Italy is our equivalent to Nicolas in the English speaking community.

Ideas Genie Pro 6 is a bit of a challenge for many English speaking users.
I'm absolutely astounded at how Nicola has taken to the software and the progress he has made.
We've been working closely for some time now and he has now posted a few Web Projects on the web space I offer to users of Ideas Genie Pro 6. Eric (palustris) has already shown the way on this.

Nicola has kindly written text in both English and Italian to go with his web photos.
I wont steal his thunder - but you can look forward to some amazing images. This man is phenomenal :D
Over to you Nicola, and you are very welcome to the forum!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:02:59 PM by ideasguy »

Offline nikoroma

Re: Welcome, Nico from Roma
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 01:00:43 PM »
hi to everybody, my name is Nicola ( yes I'm a male, the female name in italian is Nicoletta),I live in Rome,Italy.
I'm 56 years old and could define myself an enthusiastic caotic gardner.....
I've been cultivating a big 110 square meters terrace for 15 years ( I'll introduce it to you in this post)and
finally last june I had the great fortune of finding a big 2ectares garden to start completely from nothing....
absolutely thrilling....
I have very "poor" experience of computers but with the help and support George gave me I was able to learn the basics
of the Ideas Genie Pro 6 and sort of classified so far 470 different kind of plants in my "botanical universe", excluding trees
and wild flora.
The further step was learning to make "web projects", and finally reached that point now, and very pleased about it as it gets much easier  to share both what I'm at
(actually I feel I've very little to teach but my local although passionate experience and really really a lot to learn.....
Although till now unsuccess has been the first step to improuving, a little information and knowledge makes your life easier....whatever we're talking about.
So, thanks again to Ideasguy to have followed me like a kid and hope you enjoy what you see.
till soon
Nicola

Offline nikoroma

Offline Palustris

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 03:56:52 PM »
Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meraviglioso, hope that is the correct word.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:00:06 PM by Palustris »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 09:56:05 PM »
I'm impressed Nicola and proud of you :)
Getting to grips with Ideas Genie Pro 6 in another language (to you) is a remarkable achievement. You did that with ease.

By email, I then set the challenge to create and publish a Web Project.
At time of posting this message, I see you have now completed EIGHT Web Projects.
You have passed that test with flying colours ;D and can now go to the top of the class beside Eric (palustris) ;D

Your terrace is truly inspirational for anyone living in an apartment. As I have commented already by email, I have never seen anything like it!
Looking at the quality of those plants, its hard to believe that they are on a balcony and even more incredible to learn that you are on the 5th floor.

You may recall I enquired about the name of the plant in IMG_1257.
Its time to reveal the next challenge! (as soon as I get a little time ;))
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:58:42 PM by ideasguy »

Offline gelton

• Greg
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 03:26:32 AM »
Hi Nicola

Welcome to the forum.

I have had a look at you photos on on the net and found them very interesting. Your garden reminds me of the Italian gardens I have visited in my own  area (Adelaide South Australia) where they are made up of many different plants such as fruit trees, vegetables as well as ornamental plants. They also sometime have hens and rabbits for food.

Hoping to see you on the forums as from what I have seen from your photos you  have a lot garden knowledge.
Kind Regards
Greg Elton

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 12:12:15 PM »
Hi Nicola,

I have been admiring your wonderful posts over the past few days and was about to ask where in this country you could grow such wonderful plants. I thought I would examine the welcome page to read more about you and discovered to my astonishment that a) you are a man, as you pointed out, and b) you live in Rome which you also explained. Now I understand completely and would to add my very belated warm welcome too. As you say, George is an amzing help to new members.

Eric H.