Author Topic: Printing lists of transactions in Bank Genie BS421S01  (Read 3656 times)

Offline peterswain

Printing lists of transactions in Bank Genie BS421S01
« on: September 28, 2015, 08:49:46 PM »
I'm quite new to Bank Genie, and hoping someone with more experience can point me in the right direction.  I have produced a report containing a list of transactions to occur over the next three months in a particular bank account, together with projected balances, but they are not appearing in date order.  For example all three instances of my payments of Council Tax for the next three months appear all bunched together.  What do I need to do differently in order to see them in the correct date order ?

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Printing lists of transactions in Bank Genie BS421S01
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 11:17:21 PM »
Hi Peter

By default, they should appear in correct date order in the program Manage Transactions-BS421.

At the top right region of the screen, there are a set of 3 Radio buttons with the caption - Display Order.
It can be seen in this screenshot from the User Guide:
http://www.bankgenie.net/UserGuide/421/bs421s01-2.gif

If you set it to Cheque No. order it may give the effect you have described.
Change it back to Bank Date order.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:25:54 PM by ideasguy »

Offline peterswain

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 04:34:12 PM »
Thanks, IdeasGuy

I've tried what you suggested, but it didn't appear to cure the problem, although I've now noticed that it only seems to be the three entries that I mentioned that are affected - the three monthly payments of Council Tax; all other transactions appear in the correct date order.  Can you think of any likely reason why this should be so, because it throws out the 'running' balance figures ?  Is it possible, for example, that the problem might disappear if I deleted these three transactions are re-entered them ?  (Not quite sure at present just where to go to do this, anyway).

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 05:57:39 PM »
You can call me George, Peter :D

I can see no reason. Please send me an email with a landline phone number and I will give you a call.
It is impossible to comment further otherwise - we will go over the transactions in and around those three transactions and their dates.

Offline peterswain

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 04:40:32 PM »
Thanks, George.  At present, it's not very convenient to set up the computer close to a 'phone.  I'll carry on experimenting to try to find a solution, and contact you again if I get really stuck.  Thanks for your help so far, anyway !

Peter

Offline barryl

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 04:58:03 PM »
Just as a random thought. What are the dates on those 3 Council Tax payments and pther surrounding transactions?

(I am wondering if you have the Standing Orders set up correctly)