Author Topic: Bank Genie reports  (Read 3173 times)

Offline peterswain

Bank Genie reports
« on: September 26, 2015, 03:31:28 PM »
I'm very new to Bank Genie.  Having entered quite a lot of data about direct debits to be paid from a bank account, and regular payments to be made into it, I expected (hoped, at least) to find - perhaps under the heading of "Reports" - a way of producing a report containing forecasted future bank balances.  So far, I can't see that facility, and would be grateful if someone could let me know if it does exist in Bank Genie, and if so exactly where to find it.

peterswain33@yahoo.com

Offline Davepacey

Re: Bank Genie reports
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 10:35:49 AM »
Hi,

I find the easiest way is to process all those direct debits etc using form BS429S01 a few months ahead, they can then be posted to statement number 999997, this way you can post them as many months ahead as you like by selecting the date at the top and see the projected balance. It would be easier, for me anyway, if they were posted to statement 999997 straight away so I dont have to go to the current statement and exclude them all. If that can be done, I have not figured out how yet. :-)

Regards,

Dave.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:44:58 AM by Davepacey »

Offline peterswain

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 10:59:54 AM »
Thanks, Dave.  Being very new to Bank Genie and still on an extremely steep learning curve I'm not sure I understand fully your advice, but I'll give it a try and see how I get on.  If I'm still struggling after that, I'll post again and hope you may be able to help me further.

Peter

Offline Davepacey

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 11:04:45 AM »
George (the developer) is first class, Support is very very good. He has been very helpful to me :-) I found it "different" to MS Money, but now I am used to it, I love it.

Dave.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 02:36:11 PM »
That would have been my answer Dave - thank you for posting the helpful information!
Personally, I prefer to have the new "standing orders" transactions to appear in the last statement rather than 999997.
I could give an option in BS429 to select 999997 to receive the transactions generated.

As it is at present, its very quick and easy to move them to 999997.
  • Right click on any transaction in Manage Transactions- screen BS421S01
  • In the shortcut menu which appears, click Select all past statement date
  • Click the Exclude button

Now the topic has been raised, I'd like to hear the comments from others on that point.

Only problem created is another checkbox is required - more complexity on first sight of BS429 for new users like Peter.
The modern way is to strip out all functionality from apps nowadays.
As Bank Genie is enhanced with more features, we are going the opposite way.
Personally I prefer the additional features ;D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:40:00 PM by ideasguy »

Offline Davepacey

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 03:49:33 PM »
I prefer lots of functionality, as long as it does not over complicate it with too much clutter, as it can then become difficult to see the wood for the trees :-)

Dave.