Author Topic: Trip to London  (Read 4002 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Trip to London
« on: August 08, 2015, 06:18:08 AM »
My wife and I are in London for the weekend.
Flew here Thu afternoon, back home Monday.
Tara took train from Manchester and is with us at our niece Maria's apartment in Battersea on the Thames overlooking Chelsea.
Weather beautiful. All we've seen in Ireland has been cloud for a long time with little sunshine.
Maria is the daughter of the dear sister Mary lost a couple of years ago and she now has a little six month old son who as you can imagine is the main purpose of the visit and Mary couldn't wait to see.

Yesterday we took the London bus tour, including a trip on the boat (the highlight for me) from Tower Bridge to Westminster.
We spread it over a day hopping on and off - a very enjoyable day.

Today, I'm off to Kew gardens on my own. The ladies are going shopping.
Tomorrow I'm off to Arsenal (my long standing favourite team) -v- West Ham at the Emirates.

P.S. I've brought my laptop to process orders and support Bank Genie and Ideas Genie users over the weekend.
Its very slow work on the laptop, so please be patient as I will catch up over the weekend and Monday.
CD's are being despatched from the office back home.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 06:33:01 AM by ideasguy »

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
Re: Trip to London
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 04:39:24 PM »
P.S. I've brought my laptop to process orders and support Bank Genie and Ideas Genie users over the weekend.
Its very slow work on the laptop, so please be patient as I will catch up over the weekend and Monday.
CD's are being despatched from the office back home.

Conscientious always, George  ;D Enjoy your trip.
Eric H

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 08:46:43 AM »
We certainly did enjoy our trip, Eric.
The London bus tour is thoroughly recommended. It also includes the option to do part of the journey by boat down the Thames, which we did.
Kew was a little disappointing at first, but  found lots of interesting things.
Didn't have space for my camera (with my laptop and extra baggage on tow) so had to use Mary's iPad. Many many photos, ended only because the battery ran out!
Photos look good, but I have a mammoth task of getting them from the iPad to my PC. Any tips would be appreciated!
Footie was a disaster. My beloved Arsenal went down 2-0 to West Ham.
Mind you, it was fantastic to be at the Emirates. I was directly behind the goal at the Clock end, close to the West Ham supporters. The banter between the respective fans was an eye opener  ;D
They appeared to be a bit more vociferous after the first goal and for the remainder of the match ;D ;D

Home again on Monday and since then Ive been wading through a mountain of emails from early morn to midnight, with numerous customer enquiries and support calls. Some of our new members already know that :D

Almost caught up :)
The poor garden is sadly neglected but still looking great with bloom. Just about had time to water the plants in the greenhouse.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:50:26 AM by ideasguy »

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 07:07:53 AM »
It is a long time since we have been to central London, George, so I quite envy you. I am afraid the old legs can't manage it any more. even the walk from the platform at Marylebone to get a bus or taxi seems miles. I am glad you had a good time but surprised that Kew was a little disappointing at first. Again it is years since we visited it.

i have sent you a separate email about transferring photos from an iPad to a PC>

I sympathise about Arsenal  :'(. Benji and Trevor, his carer, are ardent Chelsea supporters. They will be at the Chelsea v Arsenal game at Stamford Bridge on the19th September. Benji gets concessionary tickets and Trevor gets in as his carer so the cost isn't out of this world.

Back to the real world now then, George!

Eric H.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 07:45:11 AM »
RE:
Benji and Trevor, his carer, are ardent Chelsea supporters. They will be at the Chelsea v Arsenal game at Stamford Bridge on the19th September.
At least someone will be happy at the end of that match!
That is one of the best games of the season. The tickets are graded in price structure according to the opponents and that game would be the top rate. They are lucky to get seats!
I was within a short walk of the Chelsea ground - just across the bridge, but didn't get time to go on that particular walk.

RE:
i have sent you a separate email about transferring photos from an iPad to a PC
I'll look out for your email. That will be very much appreciated!
It hasn't arrived yet.

Offline barryl

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 04:52:19 PM »
As far as I am aware to transfer photos from Ipad to PC (Windows) all you need to do is plug in the USB connector at the end of the power lead.

Offline barryl

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 04:53:13 PM »
We go to London quite often (train cambridge to Kings X) but then we are a lot nearer than Belfast ;D

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 11:26:57 AM »
As far as I am aware to transfer photos from Ipad to PC (Windows) all you need to do is plug in the USB connector at the end of the power lead.
Worked a treat!
Thanks Barry

Offline barryl

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 08:43:22 PM »
Glad to be of help...  :)