Author Topic: Short break  (Read 2908 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Short break
« on: February 08, 2015, 10:52:34 AM »
My wife and I are in Manchester since Thursday, supporting our daughter (Tara) who had an op on Friday.
Everything went well (keyhole surgery) and we had her home that evening. I'm amazed at how mobile she is already.
What a relief to get that over!

We fly home on Thursday.

Getting plenty of exercise climbing stairs ;D

NightHawk

Re: Short break
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 11:58:59 AM »
I'm relieved to hear everything went okay for Tara.

Please pass on our best wishes for a speedy recovery, which she seems to be well along on that road anyway  ;D

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 05:12:05 PM »
Thank you for your kind wishes Laurie and duly passed on!
She usually goes out for a walk in Heaton Park on Sunday afternoon with her friend - I took her place today and enjoyed the fresh air. I think I've brought the cold weather with me though :)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 08:48:10 PM »
Home again safely :)

Tara is feeling much better after her op. She took the taxi with us into the city and we had lunch together, then across the road to the bus terminal to start our journey home (we flew in and out of Liverpool).

I'm going for a walk - need to get back onto my fitness program ;D
I imagine there will be some happy birds tomorrow morning when I do my usual dawn seed spreading exercise :D
Its the best way to get some food to the blackbirds and the robins as they are the earliest risers. Next to arrive are the starlings. The blackbirds walk or fly away when the starlings approach, but amazingly the small birds are tolerated. I think the small birds feel safer when they are around.

NightHawk

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 09:02:45 PM »
Welcome back George, and great to hear Tara is well on the road to recovery.

You'll probably be greeted by your feathered friends by treating you to a dawn chorus tomorrow morning  ;)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 10:12:14 PM »
Thank you Laurie!

Dawn chorus would be nice indeed. I'm hoping the blackbirds will repay me by serenading me in the garden in the spring and summer months. They seem to come close to the house in winter but rarely in summer.

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 01:10:24 PM »
i have just logged on after a long break. I'm afraid life got in the way. It is always worrying when nearest and dearest have an operation and I am delighted for you that the outcome was so successful. I am sorry to be so late in wishing Tara all the very best.

Eric H

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 02:30:08 PM »
Welcome back Eric!

Thank you for your good wishes. I'm pleased to say Tara started back to work on Monday, half days only this week as she is still a bit tender. Very pleased and relieved it all went so well.

Hope you and Anthea are feeling well?