Author Topic: Halloween 2014  (Read 2816 times)

NightHawk

Halloween 2014
« on: October 27, 2014, 02:44:04 PM »
Well, it's that time of year again everybody - doesn't time fly (like witches on brooms) ........ spooky  ;)

Not sure what we're doing this year, event wise.  The New Forest has a connection with witches, particularly the Burley area, where you will find several shops in 'The Cross' offering all manor of witchcraft items.  The Queens Head Inn here usually has something going on, where the place is decorated accordingly and the staff dress up.  It's only a few minutes drive away from us so that's an option.

Anyway, here's a little Halloween drawing from my archives to get you in the mood (not drawn by me as I didn't have the time this year).

Happy Halloween  :)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Halloween 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 07:12:11 PM »
They are indeed a happy looking bunch Laurie :D
Those cats eyes in the background are a bit scary though...:o

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 05:42:55 PM »
I was a Halloween baby, I think the witches brought me - 88 on Friday. I simply can't believe it.
Eric H.

NightHawk

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 05:51:33 PM »
88 is a great age Eric - may you have many, many more to come  ;)

It could be worse though - you could have been born on the 6th day of a month in 1966 (666 - how scary would that have been  :D )
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:59:07 PM by Kathy & Laurie »

Offline Eric Hardy

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 03:16:38 PM »
Thank you very much, Laurie. I have 91 year old friend who keeps his garden immaculate, single handed, grows all his own vegetables, and still manages to walk into town, three miles away, and back. something to aspire to but something I am not quite able to keep up, I'm sorry to say.

Eric H.

NightHawk

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 03:27:03 PM »
Sometimes our bodies let us down Eric, no matter what we try to do and how hard we try to keep as active as possible.

Your 91 year old friend is a shining example of what we would all like to be doing at that age, and he's a very lucky man  :D

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 07:26:41 PM »
Congratulations on your 88th Eric! That is lovely 8)
I hope you and Anthea enjoyed the celebrations.

Your 91 year old friend has set us all a big challenge in life. I do a 1.5 mile brisk (to me anyway ::)) walk early morning and again in the evening. After an afternoon in the garden, the evening one needs a little bit of motivation ;D
A 6 mile round trip walk would be punishment :o That guy is truly remarkable 8)

Offline Eric Hardy

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 10:44:49 AM »
Thank you very much, George. Yes, my friend, Jack is remarkable in many ways. He is a master craftsman too and designs and makes beautiful furniture. he recently made two chests for the old church in Thame.

Eric H