Author Topic: Server problems  (Read 2112 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Server problems
« on: September 27, 2014, 08:40:39 AM »
All our websites (including this forum) have either been very slow to show pages or are timing out and showing a failure web page instead.
This is due to an obviously very severe problem experienced but our (current!!) web site hosting provider (easily.co.uk).

This is their response (yesterday).
We are currently aware of an issue that causes websites hosted on our platforms to load very slowly and in some instances, to simply time our before the site is fully loaded. Our server engineers are working to resolve this as soon as possible but unfortunately we cannot provide an exact ETA for when the service will be working like intended.

Later they emailed to say the problem had been resolved.
When I tested last night, they were still very slow to load.
Ive reported the problem yet again.

You should be able to post, but please copy your text before posting so you have it saved in the event of failure.

NightHawk

Re: Server problems
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 09:41:30 AM »
I had noticed this problem over the past couple of days George.  I knew it wasn't a general network connection at my end as all other websites were loading normally.

I logged into the Forum at about 7am today and couldn't load the site.  I figured it was a problem with your web host again  :(

They do seem to have a lot of server issues.  Maybe it's time to consider someone more reliable George ?
Your tip of copying text before posting is very prudent.  I do this automatically, not just on this Forum but elsewehere too, especially if it's a long posting and very difficult to retype in the event of a problem  ::)

I hope they get the issue sorted out properly.

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
Re: Server problems
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 11:10:47 AM »
I tried logging on yesterday, without success. I wondered what the problem was. It seems back to normal now.

Eric H