Author Topic: Strange wild fruit!  (Read 3874 times)

Offline Palustris

Strange wild fruit!
« on: September 07, 2014, 10:10:14 AM »
This is the odd fruit I found on my morning walk  yesterday. It was screaming blue murder. I had to walk back home, get some food and drive back to catch it.
Our other cats are not impressed, they have left home.

It is very vocal, but not feral, it is too used to hands and people to be one of the local population of them. Not sexed it yet, nor named it.
Survived the night with the other two in with it. Used Ben's bed as a litter tray. Fed it this morning with kitten food (courtesy of neighbour who has rescue kittens)
Asleep now on the book case. Still very timid.
Searched the hedgerows and no sign of any others down there.

Offline trishs

• PhyzzEzee blog
Re: Strange wild fruit!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 02:00:19 AM »
Aw! what happened?  Is the kitten still with you?  Did your other cats return home?

Offline Palustris

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 12:44:41 PM »
The kitten is female and we have named it Jemma (from Jemima Piddleduck as she is very hit and miss about the litter tray).
She weighed about 800 grams when we found her, but is not up to 1.2 kilo's so gaining weight nicely.
Trouble is that she bites, everything. She will not survive long if she keeps on trying to chew electric cables.
Managed very easily to get a worm tablet in her as she had tape worm (common in kittens).
She is giving Bill and Ben some grief in that she wants to play with them, but they only want to come in and sleep. Ben has sorted her out with a good hiss, spit, growl and swipe with the claw. Bill just runs away, so of course she chases after him.
A few pictures.

Window ledge kitten

Tissue box kitten

Door stop attack!

Bill and Jemma, size difference.

Little innocent.

Bill is the lump under the cover.

We lit the fire and guess who found it?

The other problem is that Bill has to have special food as he is prone to kidney stones. His food is not good for her, but she insists on eating it. Her food is bad for Bill but he insists on trying to eat it. Question of putting food out of reach and remembering to do it all the time.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 12:48:06 PM by Palustris »

Offline trishs

• PhyzzEzee blog
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 02:17:20 AM »
I'm so sorry for not commenting sooner!  I saw these lovely pictures soon after you posted them.  I especially like the one with Jemma and the  lump ;)  She is a very fortunate kitty to have found such a wonderful home and family.  Hope things are going well.

Offline Palustris

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 12:41:41 PM »
She is proving to be something of a major head ache. She is not  brilliant with the litter tray. She  uses it most of the time then she walks past it and tries to go in the Living room.
She still attacks both Bill and Ben, despite them getting really angry with her and responding with hissing, spitting, growling and open clawed attacks on her.
The biggest worry is that we cannot seem to stop her biting us. She will come and sit on one's knee then all of a sudden she attacks the hand and really bites. Or she will dash across the room and bite the nearest part of a person to her. If we cannot stop it, then sadly I think she will have to go. As she is getting bigger the bites are getting more and more painful. We have tried all the suggestions made by various people on Cat websites and she still does it. Pity.

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 06:41:25 PM »
You seem to have found yourself a handful. Eric, a very charming handful though! Two gorgeous pure white cats, called Lily and Lola seem to occupy our garden and lie on our deck a lot of the day. We get the pleasure of their company then they pop of home (three doors away) to eat and sleep. That is enjoying cats the easy way.

Eric H

Offline Palustris

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 08:58:05 PM »
Decided to dispose of her.........well not really, she binned herself!

Offline nasuli

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 02:54:32 AM »
Jemma is absolutely adorable! Every time I look at the picture of her and the lump, I have to laugh. I have no advice to offer you as all we have are wild barn cats. Are you still thinking of keeping her?

Offline Palustris

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 08:57:57 PM »
Jemma has spent the last few weeks wearing an E-collar as she was neutered. Today she had the stitches out, so she was able to go outside.

Can I really go out?

Well here goes nothing.

A giant leap for cat kind.

What are you doing out here?

This is my part of the world, now go in!
Jemma came in then and has not tried outside again.........There is always tomorrow.