Author Topic: Payers/Payees Direct  (Read 2854 times)

Offline Christopher Crone

Payers/Payees Direct
« on: June 05, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »
I've only been using BGP for a few weeks and am just starting to feel at home with it. It certainly is an excellent program and after untold years with Microsoft Money the transformation has not all been plain sailing. I cannot think of another program where the back up is so personal and comprehensive. Thankyou George. I still find a few problems but these are normally sorted out by reading the woderful and extensive help program. As a new boy I do have one major problem which I have yet to sort. I cannot find any way of going straight to e.g. a particular payee to see what historical business I might have done with them. The other day I could not remember if I had paid off my credit card and I couldn't find a way of identifying Barclaycard by name so trawled through my bank accounts to find that I actually had. Any advice gratefully received.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Payers/Payees Direct
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 02:16:19 PM »
Thank you for your comments, Christopher. I'm pleased to see you are finding Bank Genie Pro useful.

Use one of the Search options, Christopher.

In Manage Transactions, BS421, click the Search button on the right of the initial screen.

In Transaction Analyser BS408, the Search button is on the bottom.

In both these options you reach screen a screen where you can configure your search criteria. There is a pop-up to allow you to select the Search criteria (Paid To, Spent On, Amount etc).
When you find the transaction, you can click Back and Select to display it in the transactions listings.

In the example cited, you could also arrange the transactions in Payee order in Transaction Analyser BS408.
Click on the Reports pop-up. Select Paid To. (theres quite a number of other options in there to explore)
Use the bank of Date selection buttons to find the appropriate date range.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:39:27 PM by ideasguy »

Offline Christopher Crone

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 08:14:32 AM »
Magic. Thanks George. I knew there must be a way in such a comprehensive and well thought out program.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 09:28:41 AM »
I like answering questions where Bank Genie already has the answers :D
Pleased to note it has worked for you and BG has earned another brownie point ;D - thank you for your encouraging comments Christopher!