Author Topic: Also new to Bank Genie Pro 4  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Christopher Crone

Also new to Bank Genie Pro 4
« on: May 13, 2014, 01:18:26 PM »
After countless years with MS Money I'm struggling a little to navigate and get all my accounts transferred over. However from all the positive comment on here I'm sure I'll get it together.
I have another set of accounts which are entirely seperate. Do I start a new data base or just lump them into a different account group?

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Also new to Bank Genie Pro 4
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 07:10:28 PM »
Hi Christopher

First, theres no need to struggle. In my first email to all customers I stress that help is freely available, by email or phone.
With my phone/internet package I have free calls within the UK and cheap calls internationally.
Send me an email please with a landline number and we will soon get your problem resolved.

As for your accounts, it would be easier to do it the same way as you have done in MS Money.
If you had separate databases in MS Money, then replicate that by creating a new (additional) database in Bank Genie Pro.
Under the menu File tab, click Create a new database
Then use the Open another database (again under the File tab) and open your new database.
Go to the Tools tab on the menu and use the program Import QIF files to import the QIF data files exported from your second MS Money database.
We can talk about all that in more detail on the phone if you wish.

Offline barryl

Re: Also new to Bank Genie Pro 4
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 01:38:31 PM »
... and it is very easy. I have a lot of separate databases; switching between them is child's play, and it keep all the information so separate that auditors are happy.