Author Topic: New Program - Print Photos - GA049  (Read 4393 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
New Program - Print Photos - GA049
« on: October 11, 2006, 03:39:41 PM »
This program (GA049) is now in test, and I have to say its kinda useful!

You can select any photo for printing, and of course, the software has features to help you find your photos.
If its a plant photo, first you find a plant. Once you've done that, thumbnails appear for the photos youve linked to that plant, and you make your choice.
Similar if its a garden photo.

Heres the nice bit. You can search your folders and select ANY photo for printing.
If you've got a collection of family photos locked up in your computer, you can now share them (on prints) with family members.

You can mix and match any combination of photos, depending on the page design selected for use in printing.

You can add text to go with each photo.
If its a plant ot garden photo, you can use the Help me with text button, and retrieve all the info you have in your database about that plant, garden or about the photo (Title and description)
You can copy and paste, and compose the text you want to appear with your printed photo.

Ive designed 4+ pages to kick things off. You can select and print 1 photo on one full page, 2 per page, 3 per page etc etc.

It started simple, but features got added in reverse order. Heres how that happened.
You've gone to the bother of finding three photos, youve composed text and you'd like to save it for reprinting.
OK, I did that, you can save the pages.

The pages mount up, and they have no "groupings".
Solution? Arrange the photos pages into projects.
Examples of projects could be Holiday in Spain 2006, My Garden in May, My sons wedding, etc etc.
Did that.

I need IG Pro volunteers to download it and give it a try

I'll release it in Flower Genie soon.

I'm using A4 paper pages for testing, and can then use A4 photographic paper for the finished articles.
The design should also work on US size paper, but I can also design special pages and page layouts per customer requests.
Theres no limit to the number of page options possible. You select from a list, and go printing.

Ive a question for you folk. Does anyone have a dedicated photo printer, the ones that print 6x4 photos, etc?

Comments please. Volunteers please.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 10:24:44 AM by ideasguy »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: New Program - Print Photos - GA049
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 05:08:30 PM »
This program is now released and can be downloaded from the Ideas Genie on the Web Product Support web site.

Go to the Ideas Genie on the Web Product support web site and click the link for IG Pro Program Updates
Heres a shortcut right to the download page:
http://www.ideasgenie.com/updates-igprox/

Download the following:
1) Menu - It?s the first item on the download list.
2) GA049
3) File Set (at the bottom of the page)
    You need the new File set to give you the new Program Log and  text (see below)
4) GA901-06-dl.exe
    Note: Be careful: DO NOT download the one called GA901-dl.exe

For some reason, some folk overlook the menu download item.
You'll need it to take your Menu Version to 3.03.20061014
It allows you to click and run the new program Print Photos - GA049.

When downloaded and installed:
DO A BACKUP in case something goes wrong!
Then Start Ideas Genie Pro
Run the program Systems> Special - GA901
It should have the description - Database Alterations.
Read the HELP on that screen
Then click the button.