Author Topic: How to link plants to sellers in GA004 & GA027?  (Read 3210 times)

Offline Trevor Ellis

How to link plants to sellers in GA004 & GA027?
« on: October 19, 2013, 01:37:32 PM »
Hi George,
sorry to raise the subject again re. the 'Who sells this' button but I've searched the forum and the only references I can find give instructions for Flower Genie with screen reference numbers for that program. I just keep coming to a brick wall  in IGPro when trying to link a particular plant to a supplier. I've got the supplier's URL/web address in GA004S20 along with plant names but just can't get any further than that. The message 'No seed or plant suppliers identified for this plant' keeps appearing in GA100S58.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:32:40 PM by Trevor Ellis »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: How to link plants to sellers in GA004 & GA027?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 10:35:23 PM »
Hi Trevor

Apologies for the delay.

The Who sells this information is based on Reviews - program GA032.
Use the program GA032 and click the ww button beside Suppliers to get to screen GA100S37.
Create a Supplier .
Then click the Add New Review button and add a Review linked to the supplier.
In screen GA100S38 the Type of supply will determine if it shows as Seed or Plant when displayed in GA100S58.
Save changes and return to screen GA032S01.
Add plants to the Review.
Add text and add URL's as shown in this screenshot:
http://www.ideasgenie.com/Screenshots6/GA632S01-1.gif
Finally, to show your good work, click on the Show Buy Page and as if by magic  ;D screen GA100S58 will appear.

If you open the Master Database (downloadable) and open it with Tools tab> Switch Databases GA026 you will be able to see this example in the screenshot above.
When you select Lychnis flos-cuculi Jenny (e.g. in GA004) and then click Who sells this you will find this plant listed.
Incidentally - its a super plant!! I have this in my garden.

Now theres a challenge to while away a bit of time on a wet day ;D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:42:32 PM by ideasguy »

Offline Trevor Ellis

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 12:54:39 AM »
Thanks so much George - I've just seen your reply and played for a couple of minutes. However it's nearly one o'clock in the morning and can hardly keep my eyes open. I can see how it's going to work though. Just need a bit of time to play when I'm more awake! Brilliant.

PS
I was looking at a topic relating to the "Print" button (think it was re. a question from Malcolm). I too, after having the program all this time, hadn't used the 'Print' buttons in GA004 and GA027. It's a terrific element that I'm sure will be very useful indeed. Now there are two more things to play with when the weather's bad (looks like most of next week!). Just goes to show - never leave an IG button unexplored!

Cheers and thanks again,
Trevor

Offline Trevor Ellis

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 10:19:54 AM »
Just had a good play with the Review screen George and it works a treat. Extremely well integrated/linked to plant lists, supplier list etc. which makes it very convenient to use. I just wish that I'd familiarized with it a long time ago. Still, it will provide me with plenty of updating to do on miserable rainy days............like today!

Best regards,

Trevor