Photography > Trees

Old Trees on Downley Common, Buckinghamshire

(1/1)

Eric Hardy:
This posting has been moved here at Eric Hs request - (Moderator)

Some tree shots I took way back in 2006 with my old Fuji camera. Not quite the quality of the Canon but not too bad. They were taken in the woods just a quarter of a mile from our house. Here are a few: -

I have quite a lot more but these will do to be getting on with.

Eric H

NightHawk:
Wonderful photos Eric - looking forward to seeing more  ;)

I am so pleased that trees that fall down naturally, or are cut down for various reasons, are left in-situ and not carted off somewhere.

They're a great habitat for wildlife and add character to the environment where they lay.

In your third photo, I immediately envisaged the face of an ogre.  The head back, looking up to the sky, the right hand side is the mouth and the two knotty protuberances on the left are the eyes tightly closed.

I'm sure someone else will see something completely different, but that's perception for you  :D

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: Kathy & Laurie on September 23, 2013, 09:22:32 AM ---looking forward to seeing more  ;)
--- End quote ---
Here are some more, Laurie, and more to come.

Eric H

NightHawk:
It's great that you have such a beautiful place to retreat to Eric, right on your doorstep  8)

Are those woods wheelchair accessible to be able to take Anthea?

You say those first photos were taken in 2006, so do you still get chance to go there.  It would be interesting to compare how the woods have changed over the years.

Also, a brief history from your perspective maybe  ;)

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: Kathy & Laurie on September 23, 2013, 04:27:34 PM ---Are those woods wheelchair accessible to be able to take Anthea?

--- End quote ---
Only in very dry weather, otherwise we would get stuck in one or two muddy places on the way

--- Quote from: Kathy & Laurie on September 23, 2013, 04:27:34 PM ---You say those first photos were taken in 2006, so do you still get chance to go there.  It would be interesting to compare how the woods have changed over the years.

--- End quote ---
Yes, it is really on our doorstep. I might do just that

--- Quote from: Kathy & Laurie on September 23, 2013, 04:27:34 PM ---Also, a brief history from your perspective maybe  ;)

--- End quote ---
We have known the woods here for 57 years. You may not be able to see them in the photos but there is a series of very deep dells which have always been used by the village children as an exciting place to ride their bikes. All three of our boys spent hours there. Anthea's parents lived in the adjoining village and we could walk the children through these woods to visit them, It was about half a mile walking and five miles to get there by road.

Eric H

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version