Photography > Trees

Wilverley Inclosure, New Forest

(1/1)

NightHawk:
Three more unusual trees we came across today on our walk through Wilverley Inclosure, New Forest.

The first two photos I call the tree of 'two faces' which is the same tree but has two distinct sides to it.

Photo 1 - the side where the bark has disappeared ...

It reminds me of one of those 'ENT' trees from the movie Lord of the Rings.  Missing its top here, and with some of its branches chopped off give it the appearance of arms.

Photo 2 - same tree from the opposite side.  Looks more 'normal' now.

Photo 3 - different tree now.

This towering fir tree has a covering of ivy starting about 7 feet off the ground, but I don't know where the root system begins.  Might have a closer look next time  :-\

[Photos taken with Panasonic Lumix FS9 compact camera]

ideasguy:
In my opinion, trees are a challenge to a photographer, and you've done a very good job again, Laurie.

A horses head, face on,  jumped out at me in the first photo ;D
Long face, nose (first bulge from the bottom) and a big eye and a small eye, and an ear just above the head (first large truncated branch, left of photo) ::)

NightHawk:
Thanks George.

Trees are a fascinating subject for me (as you know only so well  :D ) as is all things in nature, and there's certainly no shortage of trees here in the New Forest  ;D

It's interesting to know what shapes other people see in everyday objects, and trees are no exception.  In fact, they are a perfect medium for strange and weird shapes.

I've looked at all the photos I've taken so far and find I can see different objects each time.  It's odd how the human brain interprets the things we see in many ways, depending on the influences around us and recent events or personal experiences.  I'm quite sure Sigmund Freud would have a much more rational explanation for it though  ;)

Anyway, glad you like them and no doubt I'll come across plenty more to peak my interest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version