Author Topic: dogs and lawns  (Read 1967 times)

Offline no ideas man

dogs and lawns
« on: September 25, 2006, 08:55:19 AM »
Hi members
                 Let me tell you story, I have a little dog called Tess and as you know bitches and lawns don't really go together. This summer my lawn was starting to look like a bomb site so this is how I have tackled the problem, I like to try different things (ask George) so this was my solution I filled 3 full size and 2 half size trays with compost and sowed them with grass seed I take out the brown patches and replace with the turf from the trays it is an ongoing thing you have to keep sowing fresh trays a bit like successional sowing as with veg. Any members with ideas or different methods please post I keep a watering can handy to water the places she uses but am not always successful

Happy gardening

harry ( no ideas man)

Offline Gene

• Ivy's County Pride Nursery
Re: dogs and lawns
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 11:48:10 PM »
Hi members
                 Let me tell you story, I have a little dog called Tess and as you know bitches and lawns don't really go together. This summer my lawn was starting to look like a bomb site so this is how I have tackled the problem, I like to try different things (ask George) so this was my solution I filled 3 full size and 2 half size trays with compost and sowed them with grass seed I take out the brown patches and replace with the turf from the trays it is an ongoing thing you have to keep sowing fresh trays a bit like successional sowing as with veg. Any members with ideas or different methods please post I keep a watering can handy to water the places she uses but am not always successful

Happy gardening

harry ( no ideas man)

Offline Gene

• Ivy's County Pride Nursery
Re: dogs and lawns
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 11:54:45 PM »
OK, so there is one more thing I have to work on learning.  Sorry about the last post.  I have always heard that dogs and nurserys or lawns don't mix.  We have 2 Australian Silky Terriers and they made quite a mess of the crapemyrtle liners in the shade houses this summer.  Our only solution was to put wire "gates" up to keep them out.  I can't fault the Kids, they were after bugs and lizzards.