Author Topic: Retrieve stored report BS408  (Read 2868 times)

Offline ContraOboe

Retrieve stored report BS408
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:48:43 AM »
I hope I am putting this in the correct place.

Might it be possible to put the Retrieve report option somewhere other than 'Save' or to rename that button? The help screen http://www.bankgenie.net/UserGuide/408/bs408s03-1.gif didn't show me how to get there.

I guess, as usual, I have missed the obvious  :-[ - but I did try!  Of course, now I have found the menu I am OK but new users may appreciate a slight tweak.

Offline barryl

Re: Retrieve stored report BS408
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 07:36:25 AM »
Retrieve stored reports is available (with several other features) by using "right click" when on any transaction. The help page has this information under "options available when you right click on any transaction in the list"

Offline ContraOboe

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 09:57:54 AM »
Yes I see that this is so. Thanks.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 10:56:37 AM »
Thanks for posting a reply Barry.
Right click options were your suggestions, so who better qualified to answer :D

I'm reluctant to add more buttons, Colin as I've had comments from one or two evaluees who rejected bank genie because it had too many options ::)
As Barry has stated, there are many options under right click, and I find that very convenient.
They are discovered as a user gets more familiar with the system and goes exploring ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:00:41 AM by ideasguy »

Offline ContraOboe

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »
I've had comments from one or two evaluees who rejected bank genie because it had too many options.
It just seemed counter-intuitive to look for Retrieve under Save. Obviously I clicked Save when I stored the report but just didn't notice Retrieve. [BTW There are not too many buttons so ignore those folk. I'd rather have buttons than icons which I need to decypher.]

They are discovered as a user gets more familiar with the system and goes exploring.
That is just what is happening.