Author Topic: Ducking and diving  (Read 3049 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Ducking and diving
« on: June 15, 2013, 05:16:55 PM »
The glorious sunshine (pessimists would say our summer) lasted for over a week - blazing hot and beautiful. It all ended on Monday and since then I've been ducking and diving more than Frank Bruno ::)
Some showers are very heavy!
Its not pleasant getting started in the garden after a shower, but I just have to get on with it as best as I can.
Ahhhh... summer ;D

NightHawk

Re: Ducking and diving
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 05:44:24 PM »
Ditto George.

Even in the sunny south here, spring doesn't seem to want to arrive properly  :(  :'(

Intermittent showers - light to heavy, strong winds, cold one day then hot the next, all conspire against us gardeners.

I just got our grass cut yesterday evening and not long afterwards it started raining.  Today, although now dry and sunny, we've got strong winds  ::)

The plants are taking a real battering, so just hoping they survive these winds.

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 08:09:48 PM »
Today, a friend and neighbour opened his garden in aid of MacMillan Nurses. Sadly he lost his wife to cancer and the Macmillan nurses were wonderful. It has been an extraordinarily varied day weather wise for him. We were there this morning when it was dry but grey. Since then we have had the most torrential downpours, some brilliant sunshine, more downpours and now it is grey again. I do hope the weather didn't put people off and he managed to raise a decent sum. There were only another half dozen people there when we visited. He had put an enormous amount of work into it and the garden looked beautiful so he deserved a good result.

Eric H

NightHawk

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 09:41:59 PM »
It's really heartbreaking Eric when that happens, especially when it is for such a worthy cause.

Whatever the turn-out ended up being, your friend can still feel proud that he showed his appreciation to the MacMillan Nurses the best way possible.  Giving a little back to them for the help and support they gave his wife and himself when they most needed it.

Unforunately we can't control the weather but the gesture is what counted the most there I think.